Did PWK ever meet with Ray Newman ?

karlson3

8 hours ago, boom3 said:

Don Keele worked with Newman at Electrovoice and with PWK at K&A so I feel pretty confident that they met through Keele or at a convention

Don Keele also worked for PWK for a while, I am not sure just how long for but I am going to guess around a year, perhaps someone in the know will provide more accurate information.

Keele worked for about a year at K&A in 1977.  Don is now an advisor to KHMA.  

I have yet to see direct evidence that Paul corresponded with Ray Newman, but I'm virtually certain that he did.  There was a long-standing positive relationship between EV and K&A.

On 9/22/2019 at 8:22 PM, moray james said:

Don Keele also worked for PWK for a while, I am not sure just how long for but I am going to guess around a year, perhaps someone in the know will provide more accurate information.

"For one year, starting in 1976, he worked for Klipsch and Associates in Hope, Arkansas, as chief engineer involved in the company's commercial line of loudspeakers."

http://www.xlrtechs.com/dbkeele.com/

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, moray james said:

Thanks  Edgar: is there any record of products that Don was responsible for?

Offhand I don't know. I asked him about it once, a long time ago, but I do not remember his answer. (I met Keele while we were both working at Altec Lansing / EV back in the mid 1990s.)