Where's Amy Now?

oldtimer

• Moderators
18 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

me too.  I’m nothing like i used to be ... really no comparison. 

Mostly what changed for me as far as what I do is because I could not keep up that pace anymore, with any of it, work or parties. Sometimes it's nice to sit back a little more and slow it down a little and enjoy things more. Had no choice in the past, work, kids and the problem of jamming the fun stuff into two days at the most and going back to work tired, there should be a 4 day work week as the normal, people would relax a little more, maby.

• Like 1

Just now, oldtimer said:

get a union.

One is here but only for hourly employees unlike Boeing we salaried folk are not covered by a CBA and frankly I wouldn't want to be. I prefer to advance (or not) based on my credentials not the amount of accumulated time breathing air at work.

4 minutes ago, USNRET said:

One is here but only for hourly employees unlike Boeing we salaried folk are not covered by a CBA and frankly I wouldn't want to be. I prefer to advance (or not) based on my credentials not the amount of accumulated time breathing air at work.

Good luck with that.  You clearly don't mind being fired with no cause or recourse either.

6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Oh.  I didn't mention he was early retired right after he made a presentation how the company could save a ton of money operationally...

* some in the company listened all Too well — and/or don’t fire the messenger — 

Fire me at will; topped out on retirement.
I have worked hourly at a union shop twice. Never again.

Did I forget to mention that the employees covered by a CBA at our location does get the option or mandatory 4/10 days. We serve at the demands of our customer which is 7 days / 16 hours. We cover that with 3 shifts.
BT BT

Just now, oldtimer said:

Topped until they change the terms.

Actually I got snail mail today that corp removed the old cap and now I can continue; not that I will but it was by a good amount. I heard rumors but wait and see; it happened. Last year my paygrade was added to the incentive plan based on performance / rating that was worth $13K lump sum. Can't biatch much but there are times where I reach my corporate limit of BS.

10 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Like I said I wish you well.  

Thanks OT; just treading water until May 2020 when SSA is not affected by income. At that point I want to get away from what I have done since 1973 and explore (in my walker).

@Amy  If you’re ever in the Pacific Northwest, let me know ... dinner is on me.  Not a come on .. even if you have a husband and five kids and 12 grandkids, I’d still treat you to dinner. i offer to buy all these forum slugs dinner and i’m not picking up on any of them.  buying dinner is just a kind gesture. It’d be worth the cost just to get to listen to you play the Harmonica.