Clean Livin' and Good Karma

DizRotus

Last night I treated my bride of 37 years to the final Friday night Detroit Tigers home game at Comerica Park.  She's a huge Tigers fan.  Win or lose, there's a great fireworks show following the game.

Thanks to the secondary ticket market, we were able to get great seats at a great price.  Unfortunately, the team the Tigers put on the field is awful.  I'm no baseball expert, but these young guys make fielding and throwing errors as if they want to be returned to the minors.  The 70 win White Sox won 10-1.

At the wife's request I ordered a pair of Ballpark Franks (the only time she'll eat a hotdog).  The young vendor tried to give me $5.00 too much in change, which would have more than wiped out her tip. 

Toward the end of the game I bought a lemonade and put my wallet in a cupholder in the seat in front of me.  That little voice that warns you not to set anything on the roof of the car must have been engrossed in the game.

This morning I couldn't find my wallet.  It quickly dawned on me that I'd put it in the cupholder.  A call to the Comerica Park lost and found reached a pleasant young woman who confirmed my wallet was indeed there. I immediately returned to the scene of the crime (the game) and my stupidity.  The wallet still had the cash and credit cards.  The karma created when I corrected the vendor worked in my favor regarding the misplaced wallet.

Regarding the Tigers, wait 'til next year . . . and a few more after that.

Comerica Park.jpg

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Deang said:

Win or lose, there are few things in life more fun than a trip to the ballpark!

Truly awesome that someone turned your wallet in without ripping you off. 

Probably a member of the cleanup crew.  

Now I'll do what I should have done earlier, which is to scan the contents of my wallet so the next time it vanishes, I know which cards to cancel.

Well Done Neil.  I always point out when i’m given too much change or I’ll question whether i was charged enough if the price is less than i thought. 

I’ve found two wallets in my life ... one belonged to my best friend’s girlfriend and the other to my brother in law. No reward either time.

My brother’s coworker put his wallet on top of a slot machine in Reno, then he went looking for the change person, came back and his wallet was gone.  My brother asked, “What were you thinking?"

• Thanks 1