Need help with 5.1.4 setup in my room

hunkyn

Gurus,

I am re-doing my home theater and looking for recommendations on the speaker setup for my room.

Room dimensions are 12 *17*9.  Screen will be on the 12 feet wall and 17ft will be listening position. Room is 9 ft height.  I have 5.1.4 (All Klipsch) with two front speakers being upfiring and two ceiling speakers.

I am also doing a 12 inch raiser so the row close to the wall will be 12 inch higher than the front row.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Layout.jpg

Edited by hunkyn
Added proposed Layout

If you don't have the best center speaker you can afford, that's where I would begin.  You need one of these:

https://www.klipsch.com/products/rc-64-iii-center-channel-speaker

Klipsch is good at complete packages these days.

https://www.klipsch.com/home-theater-systems

You also might want to move FAST on buying a new RP system as prices are about to go a lot up due to the tariffs on China.  Speaker prices for made in the US won't be affected.

12 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

If you don't have the best center speaker you can afford, that's where I would begin.  You need one of these:

https://www.klipsch.com/products/rc-64-iii-center-channel-speaker

Klipsch is good at complete packages these days.

https://www.klipsch.com/home-theater-systems

You also might want to move FAST on buying a new RP system as prices are about to go a lot up due to the tariffs on China.  Speaker prices for made in the US won't be affected.

I already got the speakers.  I am looking for optimal placement of speakers to get most of them.

4 hours ago, hunkyn said:

I already got the speakers.  I am looking for optimal placement of speakers to get most of them.

I mis-understood.

It might help if you post a picture.  Speaking for myself, I'm not very good at visualizing.

6 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I mis-understood.

It might help if you post a picture.  Speaking for myself, I'm not very good at visualizing.

I just posted the layout in the first post.  Does that help? If not, I will post my room pictures with the construction going on. Hopefully that will be good enough.

• Like 1

That does help, I missed the update with the diagram initially.

Front soundstage:  I don't know what mains you have.  You've got them in the corners and toed in heavily.  I prefer mains equidistant to the center and slightly toed in.  A single sub near the middle seems good, if it sounds good to you with no nulls or peaks.

Surrounds:  I don't know which surround speakers you have.  A di-pole would be best so it isn't playing directly into your ear.  Is Sofa 2 is your MLP?

2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

That does help, I missed the update with the diagram initially.

Front soundstage:  I don't know what mains you have.  You've got them in the corners and toed in heavily.  I prefer mains equidistant to the center and slightly toed in.  A single sub near the middle seems good, if it sounds good to you with no nulls or peaks.

Surrounds:  I don't know which surround speakers you have.  A di-pole would be best so it isn't playing directly into your ear.  Is Sofa 2 is your MLP?

Here are the speakers I have and that might help you.

RP-8060FA (Towers)

RP-504C (Center)

RP-502S (Surrounds)

SPL-150 (Sub)

CDT-5800 C II (Rear Heights)

Sofa 1 will be my main. Since I am close to the wall i got the 502S based on my understanding and reading in the forums. I am trying keep my corner towers to angle at 22 degrees as per dolby recommendation as that is the only set I can probably plan. The ones in the rear I cannot go dolby recommended way and looking to see some suggestions.