Klipsch McM 1900 - $3000 (Sacramento CA)

Heaterman

18 hours ago, babadono said:

Yep that's MinerMark.

Yup and I recognize his garage.  He stopped here on his way to St. Louis and back.   FYI if anyone is wondering, he used these as his garage speakers.  My guess is hes been traveling a lot more and hasn't been using them.  

On 9/23/2019 at 8:07 PM, codewritinfool said:

Wow. You should be in sales. I wish I were closer, I’d check these out!

@codewritinfool, Mark made it from California to St. Louis to get them. You certainly can go fetch them back. How hard could it be.

I remember when he came to get them. I think Dave A and Rockhound followed shortly after him and go their own pro gear from Tim. I avoided it intentionally cuz i know I'm weak.

These may sonicly blow you away, but i doubt they will make you any happier than you were when you built and fired up you LSIs and your sub. Something about having built them makes it feel more personal and of  course sound better. 

Proof:

IMG_0416.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MookieStl said:

@codewritinfool, Mark made it from California to St. Louis to get them. You certainly can go fetch them back. How hard could it be.

I remember when he came to get them. I think Dave A and Rockhound followed shortly after him and go their own pro gear from Tim. I avoided it intentionally cuz i know I'm weak.

These may sonicly blow you away, but i doubt they will make you any happier than you were when you built and fired up you LSIs and your sub. Something about having built them makes it feel more personal and of  course sound better. 

Proof:

IMG_0416.png

That was a great trip. Came back with my Ford van FULL and a 20' trailer 90% full. Stopped by Cory's on the way home since I wanted to hear his Jubes. He took one look at my trailer with the MCM 1900 and other things and laughed and said he needed a picture for Facebook. No there is nothing like hearing your MCM 1900 when you get it running right the first time. Except maybe when you get your Super MWM running right the first time. I have some LSI's in the shop right now and they sound good but the other stuff will raise the hair on your arms.

If more people knew how good this big pro gear sounds when an MCM came up for sale it would not last a week.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Mark made it from California to St. Louis to get them. You certainly can go fetch them back. How hard could it be.

I remember when he came to get them. I think Dave A and Rockhound followed shortly after him and go their own pro gear from Tim

I never have trouble getting speakers to follow me home.DSC_0044.thumb.JPG.0086922ef4b75453987509533f6e176c.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

[mention=63802]codewritinfool[/mention], Mark made it from California to St. Louis to get them. You certainly can go fetch them back. How hard could it be.
Proof:
IMG_0416.thumb.png.a8b8434f1bbfdf8e19dfa5a14bf29812.png

You gotta start using more recent photos... that guy is fat!

46 minutes ago, codewritinfool said:

You gotta start using more recent photos... that guy is fat!

I only know of two pictures of you and you already used the other one earlier in the thread.

It's about the serenity in your eyes and your smile, not your chubby cheeks. Your missed the point! 😉

• Like 1

On 9/27/2019 at 12:27 PM, MookieStl said:

I only know of two pictures of you and you already used the other one earlier in the thread.

It's about the serenity in your eyes and your smile, not your chubby cheeks. Your missed the point! 😉

lol yep.  i get it.  i'm 27 pounds down from that photo, and gunning for 37 total for now.  I'll have it soon.

I had the La Scalas and the THTLP out last night.  My son and I were listening to music and talking about life.  My phone rang and it was my wife from inside the house telling me to either turn it down or turn it off.

Whoops.  Sorry, neighbors.  They probably didn't complain because it sounded SO good!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, codewritinfool said:

lol yep.  i get it.  i'm 27 pounds down from that photo, and gunning for 37 total for now.  I'll have it soon.

I had the La Scalas and the THTLP out last night.  My son and I were listening to music and talking about life.  My phone rang and it was my wife from inside the house telling me to either turn it down or turn it off.

Whoops.  Sorry, neighbors.  They probably didn't complain because it sounded SO good!

good work on the weight loss. Taking good care of yourself is so important. At least two of those first 27 were from your haircut!  I dropped a little over 20 leading up to my surgery. I assume it will help with the rehab.

Sitting around listening to music on that system and talking about life with your son......priceless!

My neighbors listen to good music too! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MookieStl said:

good work on the weight loss. Taking good care of yourself is so important. At least two of those first 27 were from your haircut!  I dropped a little over 20 leading up to my surgery. I assume it will help with the rehab.

Sitting around listening to music on that system and talking about life with your son......priceless!

My neighbors listen to good music too! 

Thank you.  A lot of that was from the hair, I'm sure, but hey, this time I raised more than $200 from friends in order to cut it.  The money went to a family trying to scrape together a down-payment for an apartment, and the hair went to make a wig for a child.  Me?  I just needed a haircut.

I agree on the talking about life thing - he was smoking a cigar and I was a few beers in and asked him about it.  He said it was $9 and gave me the name of it, which I've forgotten.  I said, "Let me see that thing" and puffed on it a bit.  It was OK I guess, but I'm not a tobacco kind of guy so I guess it was mostly lost on me.  It was still nice to share it a bit.  Later, the bourbon made an appearance and that was nice.  Wife shut it all down, though, lol.

He gets the Klipsch thing, for which I'm pleased.  I'm still waiting to come home to find everything set up and rocking.  He's not that bold yet, but he has full permission to do it.

• Like 3

Mark is a great guy. I drove down this afternoon and loaded them up. Going to hook up a pair of Audio Research 200 watt tube amps to them tomorrow. Cant wait to hear them and I have been looking for years and finally found an awesome set. My amps have different impedence  on the output I wonder which level is best? Guessing 8 ohms to start. Currently using industrial modded La Scalas I bet they sound a lot bigger with a LOT more Bass

• Like 2

On 10/4/2019 at 10:07 PM, trapper9 said:

Mark is a great guy. I drove down this afternoon and loaded them up. Going to hook up a pair of Audio Research 200 watt tube amps to them tomorrow. Cant wait to hear them and I have been looking for years and finally found an awesome set. My amps have different impedence  on the output I wonder which level is best? Guessing 8 ohms to start. Currently using industrial modded La Scalas I bet they sound a lot bigger with a LOT more Bass

You have one of the best sets going and when you get them dialed in they will be amazing. You will be ruined for anything less though but that is a small price to pay. The MWM may not go as deep as others but that single fold horn makes great sounding bass and this thing will just work at any volume level.

On 10/4/2019 at 11:07 PM, trapper9 said:

Yes, you're in for a treat. Your LaScalas will make nice little centers for the MCM stacks. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/4/2019 at 11:07 PM, trapper9 said:

Congrats...

• Like 1