KG 5.5 Refresh

oldred

One of my favorite set of Klipsch speakers was a set of KG 5.5's my wife bought me when we bought our first house. After years of use I sold them to get into the new Reference line .....

I always wish I never sold them..... well several pair of reference and then extended heritage pairs later .....I decided a nice project would be to do a pair of KG 5.5's  I pretty much followed  Mazb4z's method with one acceptation...I did not add braces to the cabinet .......The pair I bought locally came in light oak....here was a definite flaw in the stain of the veneer....so I decided to make a change  and redo the cabinet color ...I really like how they look as well as sound....Thank  to Mazb4z and of course Bob Crites.....A great addition to my collection.

George

20190912_105758 (Medium).jpg

20190915_150137 (Medium).jpg

20190917_152346 (Medium).jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/25/2019 at 5:17 AM, oldred said:

I just used Bobs, kit.

I wouldn't call your post rambling....More like inspiration....Your explanation was very precise...

Thanks again 

George

You're right!! Maz4bz is my hero! His "ramblings" did more for my KLF-10's and my auditory happiness than most of my other technical modifications. Thanks again Maz!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...