No mail for me

CECAA850

https://www.ktre.com/2019/09/21/roof-collapse-houston-postal-service-sorting-distribution-center-affecting-east-texas-mail/

I'm in the 777xx area code.

I wondered why I didn't get any mail this weekend, now I know.  Of course that means no bills too!:D  They'll all probably come in a big bunch one day so I guess I shouldn't get too excited.  I do have a tool coming in the mail which doesn't look like it'll be here any time soon so I guess I'll have to figure out a plan B for that project.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

i actually got a letter from my dental insurance company saying that they sent me a refund check months before and it was never cashed. They said to cash it soon or it would expire. 

The check was for $5 ... that’s not worth going to the bank for. 

If your living on Social Security it is.

JJK

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

yes i understand that.  i’m admittedly rather spoiled ... often to my shame.

I should have added that if your drive to the bank and the distance is substantial you will have to use the $5.00 to pay for the gas both ways.

JJK

• Moderators
1 hour ago, babadono said:

Why? You hiding sumtin? Privacy is no longer allowed:)

Allowed, they know anything they want about whoever they want if they wish. Unless you use cash they even know exactly what you buy, not that I care but they could help pay for it.

But it's the crooks you need to worry about, not the local and fed government crooks the other ones.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dtel said:

But it's the crooks you need to worry about, not the local and fed government crooks the other ones.

I agree.  There's a big insurance system built right into the rules to protect consumers from loss.  That doesn't mean you can't suffer a big PITA, though.  I resisted for many years to climb into the modern era, but now I'm sold on it.  It's so much more convenient.  Hopefully, nothing major goes wrong.

• Moderators

It does happen, a couple of years ago we were in Hope and my wife got a call from her bank. They asked if we bought two very expensive hoverboards from a place in New York. She told them no we have not so the girl said she froze the account, my wife told them we were out of town with little cash. The lady at the bank told go to the ATM and call her, she unlocked the account long enough for her to get cash and locked it again until we got home. Ended up needing new cards and account numbers, passwords and everything that goes along with it including waiting on a new card, your right a major pain in the butt.

This is like the third time in 5 years, but not with hoverboards at least.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dtel said:

It does happen, a couple of years ago we were in Hope and my wife got a call from her bank. They asked if we bought two very expensive hoverboards from a place in New York. She told them no we have not so the girl said she froze the account, my wife told them we were out of town with little cash. The lady at the bank told go to the ATM and call her, she unlocked the account long enough for her to get cash and locked it again until we got home. Ended up needing new cards and account numbers, passwords and everything that goes along with it including waiting on a new card, your right a major pain in the butt.

This is like the third time in 5 years, but not with hoverboards at least.

I had the same thing happen maybe 10 years ago.  Got a call from CC Company asking if I was in a motel in Memphis buying songs from the iTunes store.  Nope.  They asked me to read and sign an affidavit that the listed charges were not made by me.  It was very easy.  They sent me new cards right away.  

• Like 2