TV stand big enough for an RC7

nitrofan

4 hours ago, nitrofan said:

Currently have it above my TV, but changing to an 86 inch and would like to try it below the TV. The stands I'm seeing don't seem to have enough height between the shelves. Need minimum of 9 inches. 10 would be better. Any suggestions? 

Have you considered wall-mounting the TV?

On 9/23/2019 at 1:09 PM, nitrofan said:

Currently have it above my TV, but changing to an 86 inch and would like to try it below the TV. The stands I'm seeing don't seem to have enough height between the shelves. Need minimum of 9 inches. 10 would be better. Any suggestions? 

Would something like this design work.  A bit pricey but custom built, or just a design idea.   How about a pic of your front stage.

http://timbernation.com/tmaple_popup.html

NQUAM.jpg

in my opinion / history any TV stand where you'd put your center channel in it would make it too low and you'd need to angle it up and most times there'd be a coffee table in the way.

Put it on top of the stand and mount the TV just high enough to come over it.

Move the speaker right to the end of the stand to prevent reflections off the stand itself.

If you even want get a TV mount that extends and move the TV away from the wall to the end of the speaker so it's "floating".

This will also make the TV seem bigger and provide more envelopment.

I do this with my 75 inch

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, schwock5 said:

Put it on top of the stand and mount the TV just high enough to come over it.

Move the speaker right to the end of the stand to prevent reflections off the stand itself.

I can attest this, as this is the exact setup I upgraded to so that I could move the center speaker out of my cabinet. This is the wall bracket I'm using, and it is brilliant! I can't be happier... it is rock solid and bomb proof, despite holding my TV half a meter away from the wall:

Brateck LPA35-462 Aluminum Slim Sliding Full-Motion Wall Mount Bracket: https://www.amazon.com.au/Brateck-BT-LPA35-462-Aluminum-Sliding-Full-Motion/dp/B077PQXPSX

Just check with Brateck if it can accommodate your TV as it says up to 70", but not sure if it's restricted to 70" due to weight or physical size. Otherwise you'll need to find a similar one that can handle a larger size TV.

The result is a center speaker sitting on top of the TV stand, positioned right up to the front edge (so no cabinet interference) and the TV hovering directly above the center speaker... it doesn't get better than this I think...

I agree this last post seems like the best option. Thank you. The only pictures I have of my current front end are on my phone and I cannot figure out how to post them on here. Nothing special though birch raw lascalas with cane grills, black rc7, rear projection 82 inch Mitsubishi that's going away and 2 towers that my wife refinished in black to hold components on each side. A thrift store find for 25 bucks lol. painted a 1 by 12 black and placed across the top of those to hold the rc7. Worked well but wanted to try the center lower. Thanks guys