Trade my Forte 2 for Chorus 1

Bobby2xs

3 hours ago, Bobby2xs said:

Bump, looking for wood veneer (not black) willing to throw in cash to sweeten the deal.

Not sure if you know someone in south Mississippi but there are a pair listed on Craigslist for $525.00

https://gulfport.craigslist.org/ele/d/ocean-springs-klipsch-chorus-is/6971081932.html

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, moray james said:

good idea to pick up a pair of Chorus and compare them directly to your Forte 2 then sell the pair you like the least.

You mean there could actually be a question? Assuming both have good recapped crossovers it is not even close for me.

• Like 1

Just now, Bobby2xs said:

So which one wins hands down for you?

Chorus. It is my favorite vintage speaker over the Forte and Cornwall. I prefer the Chorus I because it is front ported and will work anywhere, no wall required and the minor amount of bass you give up does not bother me. The Chorus also responds well to recaps and when I stick one of my larger MAHL tweeters on there they are really good. I would not go the Ti diaphragm route and leave them stock if need be as I find those very harsh sounding.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dave A said:

You mean there could actually be a question? Assuming both have good recapped crossovers it is not even close for me.

I hear you and I agree, I could make that evaluation also but lots of folks need the direct  comparison and it won't be hard to find a home for either loudspeaker once a decision has been made one way or the other. There should be no reason for this to cost the op a dime as both models are in demand on the used market.

Well it's even better than that. I happen to have a single Forte II and a single KP-301 and he has been invited to hear them both since it is a short trip for him to get here. I have already replaced the 301 tweeter with a MAHL so I will have to switch that back to stock for the comparison. The Forte also responds well to the MAHL upgrade but the efficiency is lower so I normally stick an L-Pad in there whereas the Chorus requires nothing but the tweeter.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bobby2xs said:

I would but no ones biting😬

Yup the answer is be prepared to drive maybe hundreds of miles to get a set for cash and then sell the Fortes. Or sell the Fortes first and suffer audio withdrawal until you get another fix. There was a set of Chorus II's for sale nearby for $1,600 which is crazy high for stock speakers even in perfect shape. The ad was gone a few days later and I don't know if they sold and if they did for how much.