Pepper harvest today

jimjimbo

10 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

@jimjimbo  Jim, what are those tiny ones?  I’ve really developed a liking for the ghost peppers thanks to @oldtimer latest batch of sauce.  sadly, my bottle is nearly empty; but, i have three bottles of the other flavors still unopened--including a LARGE bottle of the green.

Those are the Aji Charapita, which are from South America, and are considered some of the rarest peppers, very unusual and hard to find.  They have a citrus character and are mighty hot.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MC39693 said:

Ok, while your harvest is on ... we Calgarians are getting ready for the first snow fall of the year and bringing all my plants inside.

Me too, most of the time. Early Fall here means early Winter. Get your snow shovel out! Next couple weeks good time to plant garlic for next year. 😉

Wb

• Sad 1

Record high temp is 117` in Tucson.  It rarely breaks 100` where I live. Phoenicians can say that, too... unless the A/C goes down. They live indoors.

We get snow twice a year [on average]. Too cold to grow oranges. Near enough cold to reliably grow apples. Freezes regularly in the winter

18 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Jim,

Do you notice a change in potency if you stress the plants for water during fruiting?

In some varieties I do (like the gorgeous orange habaneros), but in others, (like reapers), it's very hard to tell, given their natural potency.....

I intentionally stress all of them regardless though.  They are all fruiting now, flowering is pretty much done.

• Like 1

The little ones look like chile' pequin peppers (bird's eye peppers) I brought seeds from South, Texas and grew some up here in the great white North.  I bring the plant insude during the witner months and take it back out in the spring.  I thought is was a goner this past year as it got scale and after treating it with warm water/soap solution three times only to have it come back I cut off every limb and leaf but it bounced back!  I love the flavor they have.  Also a fan of serranos.