Country Music on PBS

mr clean

Who been watching? I haven't enjoyed anything on TV this much in a long time. Been watching most nights and it just went off. Its 4 AM and im up so thats says something!

I’ve seen the last three installments. I’m in the hospital so the audio is horrible over the nurse call controller. Plan on purchasing. Ken Burns is a national treasure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tony Whitlow said:

I’ve seen the last three installments. I’m in the hospital so the audio is horrible over the nurse call controller. Plan on purchasing. Ken Burns is a national treasure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope you have a speedy recovery! 

• Like 1

What a marvelous examination of the evolution of a music genre. I heard that when Ken Burns watched the finalized version of this work that he literally wept. Sadly the ‘Take away’ is how the big business of music and $$ stifled artistic creativity as eventually only ‘sure bets’ get recorded. Perhaps this is why the televised music competition shows (a-la American Idol) got started, got traction and remain somewhat popular? C & W is not my favorite genre either but it remains head and shoulders above ‘rap’ music IMHO.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2019 at 7:33 PM, rplace said:

When people ask me what music I like I always say everything BUT country.... however, Ken has done it again. Watching episode 4 right now. Well done Mr. Burns.

240d22bf3aeda750fca5c00d2dfbf72a.jpg.5f00f9b04150e52bee1bf1c19a901d80.jpg

Im not crazy about newer country, but I love the old stuff. I can't handle rap either!