Best? Klipsch speaker setup for a Bar lounge

habinger808

30 minutes ago, Kevin S said:

How about contacting the folks in the Klipsch Professional Department? They are known to have a Bonehead who probably can help. 

@habinger808 The lead  engineer at  Klipsch Professional, Roy Delgado, gave himself the avatar name here on the forum of Chief Bonehead. I just did not want you to get confused by Kevin's response.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zack R said:

Would these work?

36 minutes ago, rockhound said:

Absolutely Zack those will blow the roof off :)

...  and double as tables for everyone to set their drinks on...  or, double as tables for the women to danc...  uh....  never mind.  I don't know anything about that.

• Like 2

I would think six heresy's hung up high on shelves so they don't get the cones pushed in. 3 on each side along the longest walls. 2 on each end and 2 in the middle.  Ran in mono so you would hear everything setting by one speaker. Won't be turned up that loud I would not think. But im just spit balling. 

One of my dreams, have a bar named Good Tunes....

M-F different Genre playing in an acoustically designed room separated from the main bar...

When live bands aren't playing....

Maybe have a tubes night with only vinyl

Maybe have a night with all digital

Maybe have a mix, digital audio with tube pre and power

All playing on Klipsch 😁🍻

21 minutes ago, MyOwn said:

One of my dreams, have a bar named Good Tunes....

M-F different Genre playing in an acoustically designed room separated from the main bar...

When live bands aren't playing....

Maybe have a tubes night with only vinyl

Maybe have a night with all digital

Maybe have a mix, digital audio with tube pre and power

All playing on Klipsch 😁🍻

Don't forget the help!

image.png.8de850b256f292f32cc961c1b4992244.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mr clean said:

I would think six heresy's hung up high on shelves ... But im just spit balling. 

The catch is, the speakers cannot face each other. That will cause audio cancellation. The speakers will need to be staggered such that no speaker directly faces another, and there will need to be a certain horizontal separation to ensure it.

Bogen, the PA system company, has an excellent System Design Guide which explains a lot about how to set up a system. See page 71.

Yeah; Heresy's would be cool looking but you'll be positioning them where they won't produce satisfying bass (much like Chipotle restaurants), and you'll probably not be playing them anywhere near where the Heresy's will shine. And all those speakers will be expensive.

Honestly, I'd just choose some Klipsch bookshelf speakers, mounted out of reach of drinking or curious patrons, or if you have a dropped ceiling, use some Klipsch in-ceiling speakers.

• Like 1