Cornwall IV decision? New VS. Orig

Allhartfidelity

1 hour ago, Glen Newdick said:

That's good to know, I'd really like to hear the new midrange driver too I bet its an improvement over the 3's versions. 

Definitly improved mid- horn but the mitigation of the box resonance coloration versus previous versions is a game changer IMHO which brings forth a clarity and detail in recordings thats very obvious.

miketn

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mikebse2a3 said:

Definitly improved mid- horn but the mitigation of the box resonance coloration versus previous versions is a game changer IMHO which brings forth a clarity and detail in recordings thats very obvious.

miketn

Darned right it is. There were two front to back braces I could see figuring the screw heads at the 10:00 and 2:00 o'clock positions were braces. Ended my number 1 boomy box complaint I have had until CW4.

9 hours ago, geoff. said:

I was wondering if anyone had pulled a woofer out of the CW4 yet to see how it was braced!

Also curious if the “shelf” port has been completely replaced by the tractrix ports...

The diagonal pattern to the two sets of two screws on the motorboard indicates some 2 x ? braces front to back at the 10:00 and 2:00 as mentioned above. You don't have to get into one to see what was done. Eventually when someone does this that will be the report they make I am certain. I see the exact same thing with pro bass boxes that I have been into so there is no doubt or question in my mind.

Yes the shelf is gone.