Which is the nicest heritage speaker

m00n

The K-horns are the "big dog" of all the Klipsch home speakers...and if you don't have corners for them you can always build some false corners to put them into...no big deal!! Everything that Klipsch has ever produced for the home has been an attempt to provide a sound as close to the k-horn as possible but in a different package...that, in itself, makes the k-horn the "King of Klipsch"!!

I heard the Jubilee back in May down in Hope...Jim Hunter hooked up one for me at the lab to listen to when I was there visiting. It sounded great...BUT I was NOT able to do an A/B against a k-horn...AND I was only able to hear a monaural play of the Jubilee...so it is difficult to assign any real comparison of it to the venerable k-horn.

I have k-horns, as we know, they are the best sounding! BUT

My honest opinion is the belles look the best!

And placement in some cases are easier!

If i were to come across a set of belles for a good deal, and if i had the money id pick them up!

Regards Jim1.gif

Flynn

Those are nice arent they, enjoy them!

I still have no takers on the 4 chorus 1s here!

Well I have owned, or still have the K horns, La Scala's, Cornwalls, Heresy's but only heard in two applications the Belles. That said.....

Over all best speaker. By far a no brainer. K horns (Klipschorns). Placed in a medium to large room nothing like it IMO. You just experience the music through your soul at any volume level.

Belles, La Scales flip a coin and application. Maybe a slight edge to the larger mid horn because it is bigger on the La Scala's.

Best overall deal? The Cornwall I's. No comparison if your looking for "classic" Klipsch sound, full range, deep detail, and breathtaking dynamics. If your new to klipsch look into a Heresy although with today's music it might lack a little on the bottom end to be honest but has the same Mid / Hi End Klipsch feel.

Just my 2 cents.

1) Their design and of course the little bit of soul that Paul put into it.

2) Paul had an equation of 27'wide, 17' deep and 10' height for the perfect room. It was based on the "Golden Means Ratio". The diagonal of this room would be 32' which would allow the full propagation of a 32hz sound pressure wave. Kornerhorns would be placed along the long wall.

3) $7500.00 msrp.

without question the belle is the most universal of the heritage line up.The khorn needs a corner and is large , the lascala does'nt match any decor. But the belle is a very nice sounding piece of furniture.Just my "opinion" guys don't get all crazy on me. LOL

'9.gif

----------------

On 11/4/2002 4:38:34 PM The Hobbit wrote:

1) Their design and of course the little bit of soul that Paul put into it.

2) Paul had an equation of 27'wide, 17' deep and 10' height for the perfect room. It was based on the "Golden Means Ratio". The diagonal of this room would be 32' which would allow the full propagation of a 32hz sound pressure wave. Kornerhorns would be placed along the long wall.

----------------

"Kornerhorns would be placed along the long wall."

i've seen this in my old cornwall/heritage manual. though it seems many, including myself because of the space constraints & room config, put their mains on the short wall in the more rectangular room.

wonder which is generally the best way to go for a 5.1+ speaker set-up. most likely some trade-offs there. may have to look into it further if I ever get any placement flexibility.

14.gif