Update on MAHL K-77 replacement tweeter DE10 driver use

Dave A

Since I stick MAHL's into everything I rework here that will take them I have run across two pleasant surprises this past couple of weeks. One is the Heresy I's have enough clearance that you can use the B&C DE10 driver instead of the DE120. I am also finding this to be true with LSI's from the early 80's. The DE10 is better than the DE120 and as a bonus it is cheaper too. Now since the diameter of the drivers that fit here is larger this will also allow for people to try out a wider range of drivers than you might think. The DE10 has a 5mm two hole mount on 3" centers. By the way if you have a driver you want to experiment with give me the info on it and I will tell you if my clamp plate can be altered for adding the new mounting bolt pattern. At least on the Heresy I and LSI's from the early 80's as long as you do not exceed the DE10 diameter I can probably make it work. Of course that does not mean it will work right without some effort on your part regarding crossovers and it may not work at all but you now have a chance to experiment with different drivers on the same horn lens which you have never had before. For reference the DE10 is 3.55" or 3 9/16" in diameter. The DE120 is 2.8" in diameter. Measure from the top of the cutout to the bottom side of the top. The cutout is right at 1.6" so add .8" to your first measurement (yes there are fractional to decimal convertors online) and allow a little clearance and you can quickly tell if the DE10 will fit.

• Thanks 1