Practically stupid Klipsch downgrade sale

MattO

BLUF:  I'll explain, but want to give you the bottom line up front.  All speakers received 1 week ago, new in box.  Need to sell this big stuff for the price of replacing with the small stuff.  All values/prices calculated on Amazon w/taxes (you can validate) without shipping costs.  Will sell or trade for speakers I'm seeking.  A trade would require speakers packed in Klipsch box.

I'm in the San Diego area.

Selling RP-280F for $644.35 ($859.85 Amazon) (pair)

Seeking RP-4000F ($644.35 Amazon)

Selling RP-504C for $322.17 ($699.03 Amazon) (single)

Seeking RP-400C ($322.17 Amazon)

Selling RP-600M for $376.05 ($591.55 Amazon) (pair)

Seeking RP-400M ($376.05 Amazon)

Selling SPL-120SW $537.67 ($645.42 Amazon) (each, I have 2)

Seeking SPL-100SW ($537.67 Amazon)

Explanation:  I ordered a whole suite of the smaller Klipsch Reference Premier speakers (culminating in a 7.2.2 system).  Something happened part way and the order got inexplicably delayed.  When the speakers finally arrived, I opened boxes to find a remarkable upgrade as you can see above.  I can only assume since the RP-250 line has been discontinued, they filled my order with the above.  At first, I was elated!  Yes, I stood this system up along with the surround and height speakers I ordered (those are already the smaller sizes).  Why wouldn't I keep this unimaginable upgrade?  Especially considering the wonderful sound I'm experiencing.  But, practical kicked in and so I have to do something stupid.  I'm retiring in another country in two years.  Anything I want to keep has to be shipped.  I can't even fathom what shipping these RP-280F skyscrapers overseas would cost me!  I don't want to spend anymore to downgrade.  I've spent a lot already.  I just need to get the smaller speakers and you get to enjoy the my fortunate upgrade for the downgrade price.  Open to suggestions.

Edited by MattO

Here's my suggestion:  You're nuts!  🤓

For instance:  You have the RP-600M wanting to trade down to the RP-400M.  The price to ship the smaller boxes cannot be that much less than the price to ship the 600M's. 

Keep the larger speakers.  It might cost a little more to ship in a couple of years but what you have is substantially better than what you want to trade for.  If you think the RP-280F's will cost too much to ship, sell those when the time comes and pick up another pair of RP-600M's and stands to take with you.

Don't throw away two years of listening pleasure to save shipping costs two years from now.  Live for the present and enjoy what you have.  

Disclaimer:  I am not a potential buyer/seller/trader for your stuff.

• Like 5

Sell them when the time comes if you must. At, that time, there will be new models available likely with better sound and a similar price point.   Next time you buy, I suggest contacting @MetropolisLakeOutfitters for better pricing and knowledge than Amazon.   Keep the setup until it MUST go and enjoy it. Don't downsize immediately without necessity.  

• Like 2

I appreciate the advice and in my defense, I titled this stupid. Apparently I am right. But, I felt that if I waited for two years to sell, buyer appeal diminishes.  Right now these are new.  All of the small speakers (except towers) will fit in balikbayan boxes which ship for $75 regardless of weight. They just have to fit.

Even the smaller Klipsch are certain to give me great listening pleasure.  If I wait, my discretion will increase and I might not be able to settle for smaller.  Thanks to you guys, it might already be too late.

You have all contributed to my healing and made me see the error in my ways.  To the RP-150 offer, thanks for the smack in the back of the head.  I woke up.

In fact I'm returning the runt height speakers (got what I ordered on these) and getting a size more inline with everything else.

In a couple of years I'll figure out what to do. Now I'll just enjoy.

Thank you all for making me appreciate my good fortune, deserved or not.

Matt

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/1/2019 at 7:55 AM, Godataloss said:

Are you moving to a country without speakers?  Why would you ship them?

I will guess the Philippines... you can certainly get speakers there. I will not be shipping any of my stuff there when I leave to go there. It will probably go to family members here and I will get something thee or do a DIY at the new location.

Bruce