How loud will your system get!

mr clean

I had a few bears today and got a crazy hair and wanted to see how loud my speakers would get. I usually don't listen crazy loud and just turned it up for a very short time. Just checked with the db meter on my phone. I got it up to 110 db and could not believe how loud it was. It may have gotten louder but I stopped there. How loud have you had your stereo?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Leave the bears alone you SICK man.  Playing with your speakers is fine, but bears are often an endangered species. 

If you put some honey on your oh uh I mean beers beers! I might have a few beers every week or two. Back in the day I drank way to much but not anymore. Thats why I wrote bears lol!

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, mr clean said:

I had a few bears today and got a crazy hair and wanted to see how loud my speakers would get. I usually don't listen crazy loud and just turned it up for a very short time. Just checked with the db meter on my phone. I got it up to 110 db and could not believe how loud it was. It may have gotten louder but I stopped there. How loud have you had your stereo?

I once read 118 on the meter at the listening position. There was so much bass build up in the back corners that it cut the top off  a vase. 

My wife is insane and would sit there and say "turn it up" over and over. So I kept a meter on the couch so I knew when to say NO. 

Must say that even now we run it up at times........

• Like 2

• Moderators

Is that like hold my bear and watch this ?  :huh:

Maby 110-115db for a very short time, couldn't take much time at that rate, the house was vibrating and everything in it, in other words it would go way more than I want.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, IB Slammin said:

I once read 118 on the meter at the listening position. There was so much bass build up in the back corners that it cut the top off  a vase. 

My wife is insane and would sit there and say "turn it up" over and over. So I kept a meter on the couch so knew when to say NO. 

Must say that even now we run it up at times........

Well you do have a reputation and it's how you got your name here. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, IB Slammin said:

Ah come on.... 

I had a construction company for many years and protected my ears on the job.  Saved them for music.

SMART man. I am NOT a 75 dB or less guy on here.   One of the biggest benefits of horn Speakers IMO.  Effortless and low distortion at just about any volume along with not being all that picky on placement and or amplication makes Klipsch a fantastic speaker in general.  Oh.... First and foremost.... The price.   

Just now, rockhound said:

@Westcoastdrums396's moved on to another home, I do miss them tho! Got something bigger up my sleeve in the next couple months hopefully. 

Damn, good for you. 396s were incredible, but didn't meet my reasonable volume goal (they amoek EVERYTHING else I have owned as the volume increases) .... I "downgraded" to the 362s and a GSG Audio 21" sub. Damn if the combo doesn't meet my goal exceptionally well with anything I listen to /watch (including regular television when I have time). 

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, IB Slammin said:

Ah come on.... 

I had a construction company for many years and protected my ears on the job.  Saved them for music.

But there was still that reputation, more from your wife, it's been known for a long time I didn't make that up and there are witnesses. :) But I don't blame you for saving your ears for music wish I would have done more of that when I was young.  

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Damn, good for you. 396s were incredible, but didn't meet my reasonable volume goal

Was listening to some of those for the last few days when we were in Arkansas, pretty impressive filling a large metal building for speakers that size.