How loud will your system get!

mr clean

On 10/4/2019 at 8:38 PM, Westcoastdrums said:

To get louder you need to switch from wine to alcohol 😂

Well a DB meter and a great set of 34db ear muffs will allow for safe testing. Works for Tanerite too at the front yard gun range. You do have one don't you?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave A said:

Well a DB meter and a great set of 34db ear muffs will allow for safe testing. Works for Tanerite too at the front yard gun range. You do have one don't you?

I do. I have taken it into 120's +.   I am working on trying to be around 85 dB average.  I'm getting better 👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Not necessarily a note....subs such as what Chris A sports will move some SERIOUS air. 

Yep, just like mine do anytime the program material needs it at normal volumes and/or when I crank it up to stupid loud for demos.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I do. I have taken it into 120's +.   I am working on trying to be around 85 dB average.  I'm getting better 👍

Seems like we both need adult supervision when handling said volume knob, or the + button on my Yamaha remote, in my case! LOL.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Seems like we both need adult supervision when handling said volume knob, or the + button on my Yamaha remote, in my case! LOL.

When you are pushing the limits of the room with gear on tap, I certainly explore the system for a track or two here and there.   If you give me a Ferrari, I am NOT going to drive the speed limit.  Sorry, can't help it.  

• Like 2

Not as loud as my old rig with three sets spread throughout the house and a forty lb receiver from 1991.

What's more important to me now is How Good it sounds when it's fairly loud now!

Wouldn't say that if I'd held out for:

• Like 1