Lame Lame Lame.... (rant on)

Coytee

Ever go to a manufacturers site to call them only to find they have a "Contact us" fill in the blank email type situation?

If you are calling them, it's reasonable that they might ask...  "Why, pray tell, what model do you have?"

"You know we can't do much without the serial number too"

Now, describe your problem....

So you go through that, hit SEND only to get an error message that you exceeded the 50 character limit.  There was no warning, no counter to bring your character count to your attention.  Now you have to chop your comment down and if you have fast, free speaking fingers like I do, you have 50 characters down in a blink of an eye.  Heck, just the model number and serial number (they won't do anything without the serial number) is 12 characters.  That's 24% of the space gone just telling them what I have!

If I were shopping, that type of stuff alone, would be enough to make me think twice on the brand.

Yeah, go back to what you were doing....move along....  

Rant is officially over.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Coytee said:

Ever go to a manufacturers site to call them only to find they have a "Contact us" fill in the blank email type situation?

If you are calling them, it's reasonable that they might ask...  "Why, pray tell, what model do you have?"

So you go through that, hit SEND only to get an error message that you exceeded the 50 character limit.  There was no warning, no counter to bring your character count to your attention.  Now you have to chop your comment down and if you have fast, free speaking fingers like I do, you have 50 characters down in a blink of an eye.  Heck, just the model number and serial number (they won't do anything without the serial number) is 12 characters.  That's 24% of the space gone just telling them what I have!

If I were shopping, that type of stuff alone, would be enough to make me think twice on the brand.

Rant is officially over.

I hope this isnt a "klipsch " experience.  If it was, SURELY we have the power to change that 😂?  On a serious note, yes I have experienced similar situations several times and is always a PITA.  Good luck 

44 minutes ago, Coytee said:

Rant is officially over.

How dare you question your corporate masters?

14 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

How dare you question your corporate masters?

Indeed...and, to add insult to injury, we beat them in the Revolutionary war....    This is about my British designed & built JCB backhoe/loader.

As I understand....  they don't use SAE stuff (they don't).....they don't even use metric...  as I've been told, they use "British Metric".  I don't really know what that means unless someone was just slamming on them.....  all my metric tools work fine on it, as do my adjustable wrenches.

I could never do the Twitter thing where you are limited to "X" number of characters.  Never even going to try!  I'll leave that to the hip OldTimers!!

:emotion-21:

Once I purchased eyeglasses online. They literally broke the 1st time they were cleaned...... and I cleaned them before wearing them so they never got used, not even once. Go online to get an RGA and all the print for the return data was minuscule in size and could not be scaled up. Gotta wonder how many people gave up trying to return their crappy glasses. Not me, however.

• Like 1

Rant on...

Called the help line of the OEM who made my music server because I couldn't get it to connect to my WiFi network.  Was told to fill out an online form, then call back with the trouble ticket number.  I complied (under duress and not happy).  Called back with ticket number.  Was then told, device does not do WiFi.  Please read technical details I must connect it to my network only via Ethernet.  Slogan in the marketing brochure in big letters said "WiFi you HiFi".  Hmmmm.   Ok, so only my phone/tablet will WiFi to the music server which is Ethernet'ed to my network.  Yes, that's on page 79 of the technical manual in small print.  Have a nice day.

Last contact with that company.  Fortunately, music server is much better than their customer relations, marketing truthfulness, and help desk.

Rant off.

1 hour ago, Coytee said:

Indeed...and, to add insult to injury, we beat them in the Revolutionary war....    This is about my British designed & built JCB backhoe/loader.

As I understand....  they don't use SAE stuff (they don't).....they don't even use metric...  as I've been told, they use "British Metric".  I don't really know what that means unless someone was just slamming on them.....  all my metric tools work fine on it, as do my adjustable wrenches.

:emotion-21:

* aside from their poorly executed contact form I’m afraid the real problem might be with your choice of a backhoe/loader designed and built by the British for Gawds sake. I wouldn’t think construction equipment to be their forte — 

1 minute ago, richieb said:

* aside from their poorly executed contact form I’m afraid the real problem might be with your choice of a backhoe/loader designed and built by the British for Gawds sake. I wouldn’t think construction equipment to be their forte — 

Then maybe you haven't also heard how they won WWII.

• Like 1