Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
-Russian-Spy-

WTB la scalas locally in arizona

Recommended Posts

    Might be a bit of a long shot, but I'm looking for a pair of la scalas in Tucson, I'd be willing to drive most anywhere in Arizona for a modestly priced pair.  Not in a rush to buy, but I am putting my feelers out there.   Feel free to reply here or pm my inbox, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, -Russian-Spy- said:

    Might be a bit of a long shot, but I'm looking for a pair of la scalas in Tucson, I'd be willing to drive most anywhere in Arizona for a modestly priced pair.  Not in a rush to buy, but I am putting my feelers out there.   Feel free to reply here or pm my inbox, thanks.

A deal is out there if you are patient. The Phoenix/Tucson area does not seem to have a large amount of Klipsch Heritage speakers available, unlike say, Chicago. I spent eight months looking for a set of ForteII when I found a set of '78 la Scala. They came with Crites updates (crossovers and tweeters). The cabinets had some previous damage, but were well refinished. At $1200 they were not a "bargain" but were a fair price. In the past few years I have seen some minty sets in the $1800-$2400 range, and some distressed sets for under a grand. Depending on your price range, patience, and refinishing skills, you should find success. I am very pleased with the sound of my set.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2019 at 10:56 PM, JBCODD said:

A deal is out there if you are patient. The Phoenix/Tucson area does not seem to have a large amount of Klipsch Heritage speakers available, unlike say, Chicago. I spent eight months looking for a set of ForteII when I found a set of '78 la Scala. They came with Crites updates (crossovers and tweeters). The cabinets had some previous damage, but were well refinished. At $1200 they were not a "bargain" but were a fair price. In the past few years I have seen some minty sets in the $1800-$2400 range, and some distressed sets for under a grand. Depending on your price range, patience, and refinishing skills, you should find success. I am very pleased with the sound of my set.

I'd be willing to spend upwards of 2k, anything more than that I'd rather keep saving for other projects, there is a pair in PHX that is over 3k a little spendy for my blood, they are in great shape though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also live in Tucson and recently bought a pair of La Scalas. I looked for months, but only saw the occasional Heresy pop up on CL. I got impatient and bought a pair off that well-known auction site. They were shipped in their original boxes, late ‘80s models. Paid too much for them, but they are in near mint condition unfinished raw birch. Until I saw those, I was looking at Craigslist in LA and San Diego with a potential road trip in mind. For something to come up in Arizona, let alone Tucson, I’m not sure how patient you’ll need to be. I felt like I was the only person in Tucson interested in Klipsch heritage. I’m glad there’s at least one other! Best of luck to you in your quest.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2019 at 8:21 PM, Desert Noises said:

I’m glad there’s at least one other!

Two others!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They pop up periodically.  Be patient.  Watch the GarageSale section, too. There was a guy [in Tucson] looking to sell a pair for $1500[?] a while back. We might have talked him out of it.

WAF got me... "You already have some of those" she sez

 

 a lucky bunch of coincidences let me get mine from IN...

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thinking there are a pair of Khorns for sale close to you that looked great.  Keep an eye on the Garage sale section here.  Daughter is in Phoenix and I was kinda drooling thinking of her when I saw them.  Patience is a virtue sooo don't get caught up in a "needy" moment.  It'll happen!  Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WillyBob said:

They pop up periodically.  Be patient.  Watch the GarageSale section, too. There was a guy [in Tucson] looking to sell a pair for $1500[?] a while back. We might have talked him out of it.

WAF got me... "You already have some of those" she sez

 

 a lucky bunch of coincidences let me get mine from IN...

 

 

That guy is actually right above you!  I met with him the other day and ended up with some vintage EV stuff, checked out some tube gear etc.  super nice guy! I did however miss the sale of his la scalas

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoyed meeting with you too Russian Spy!  So impressed with your work on that Bottlehead amp!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@erik2A3

did you sell the LaScalas?  Those were pretty. Mine are the basic black... that's OK. Wife likes them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Basic looks awesome with La Scalas IMO - accents an already very sculptural speaker!  So.  No, not sold.  I traded them for a like new pair of Chorus IIs.  From a historical and I suppose somewhat emotional standpoint, the La Scalas win.  I will say that the Chorus IIs are among the very best speakers I have ever heard, however.  I really, really like them, and the pair I picked up in Phoenix (maybe you saw them on CL?) is in perfect condition.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2019 at 11:21 PM, Desert Noises said:

I also live in Tucson ...’m glad there’s at least one other! Best of luck to you in your quest.

Great story; thanks for sharing it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2019 at 3:21 PM, -Russian-Spy- said:

I'd be willing to spend upwards of 2k, anything more than that I'd rather keep saving for other projects, there is a pair in PHX that is over 3k a little spendy for my blood, they are in great shape though.

Here is my latest Heritage Prices spreadsheet.  It's a general guide and good for research.

 

 

Klipsch Heritage used prices ver 2019-10.xlsx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...