WTB la scalas locally in arizona

-Russian-Spy-

24 minutes ago, -Russian-Spy- said:

Might be a bit of a long shot, but I'm looking for a pair of la scalas in Tucson, I'd be willing to drive most anywhere in Arizona for a modestly priced pair.  Not in a rush to buy, but I am putting my feelers out there.   Feel free to reply here or pm my inbox, thanks.

A deal is out there if you are patient. The Phoenix/Tucson area does not seem to have a large amount of Klipsch Heritage speakers available, unlike say, Chicago. I spent eight months looking for a set of ForteII when I found a set of '78 la Scala. They came with Crites updates (crossovers and tweeters). The cabinets had some previous damage, but were well refinished. At $1200 they were not a "bargain" but were a fair price. In the past few years I have seen some minty sets in the $1800-$2400 range, and some distressed sets for under a grand. Depending on your price range, patience, and refinishing skills, you should find success. I am very pleased with the sound of my set.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2019 at 10:56 PM, JBCODD said:

A deal is out there if you are patient. The Phoenix/Tucson area does not seem to have a large amount of Klipsch Heritage speakers available, unlike say, Chicago. I spent eight months looking for a set of ForteII when I found a set of '78 la Scala. They came with Crites updates (crossovers and tweeters). The cabinets had some previous damage, but were well refinished. At $1200 they were not a "bargain" but were a fair price. In the past few years I have seen some minty sets in the $1800-$2400 range, and some distressed sets for under a grand. Depending on your price range, patience, and refinishing skills, you should find success. I am very pleased with the sound of my set.

I'd be willing to spend upwards of 2k, anything more than that I'd rather keep saving for other projects, there is a pair in PHX that is over 3k a little spendy for my blood, they are in great shape though.

I also live in Tucson and recently bought a pair of La Scalas. I looked for months, but only saw the occasional Heresy pop up on CL. I got impatient and bought a pair off that well-known auction site. They were shipped in their original boxes, late ‘80s models. Paid too much for them, but they are in near mint condition unfinished raw birch. Until I saw those, I was looking at Craigslist in LA and San Diego with a potential road trip in mind. For something to come up in Arizona, let alone Tucson, I’m not sure how patient you’ll need to be. I felt like I was the only person in Tucson interested in Klipsch heritage. I’m glad there’s at least one other! Best of luck to you in your quest.

• Like 2

They pop up periodically.  Be patient.  Watch the GarageSale section, too. There was a guy [in Tucson] looking to sell a pair for $1500[?] a while back. We might have talked him out of it.

WAF got me... "You already have some of those" she sez

a lucky bunch of coincidences let me get mine from IN...

• Like 1

Thinking there are a pair of Khorns for sale close to you that looked great.  Keep an eye on the Garage sale section here.  Daughter is in Phoenix and I was kinda drooling thinking of her when I saw them.  Patience is a virtue sooo don't get caught up in a "needy" moment.  It'll happen!  Good luck!

3 hours ago, WillyBob said:

They pop up periodically.  Be patient.  Watch the GarageSale section, too. There was a guy [in Tucson] looking to sell a pair for $1500[?] a while back. We might have talked him out of it.

WAF got me... "You already have some of those" she sez

a lucky bunch of coincidences let me get mine from IN...

That guy is actually right above you!  I met with him the other day and ended up with some vintage EV stuff, checked out some tube gear etc.  super nice guy! I did however miss the sale of his la scalas

• Like 1

Basic looks awesome with La Scalas IMO - accents an already very sculptural speaker!  So.  No, not sold.  I traded them for a like new pair of Chorus IIs.  From a historical and I suppose somewhat emotional standpoint, the La Scalas win.  I will say that the Chorus IIs are among the very best speakers I have ever heard, however.  I really, really like them, and the pair I picked up in Phoenix (maybe you saw them on CL?) is in perfect condition.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2019 at 3:21 PM, -Russian-Spy- said:

I'd be willing to spend upwards of 2k, anything more than that I'd rather keep saving for other projects, there is a pair in PHX that is over 3k a little spendy for my blood, they are in great shape though.

Here is my latest Heritage Prices spreadsheet.  It's a general guide and good for research.

Klipsch Heritage used prices ver 2019-10.xlsx