Lets see your pets

mr clean

On 11/2/2019 at 2:39 PM, BigStewMan said:

hey @YK Thom  i'm watching a show on The Weather Channel and this plane is making an emergency landing in Yellowknife. Plane has one landing gear down and one is jammed inside the plane. 

So did they make it or turn back to balmy Edmonton?

I know It would be a close one to call... but I take my chances on Yellowknife and foam. 🛩

Wb

9 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

they made it; but seriously damaged the plane.  I guess this plane company is in the NWT.  I think the show was called Ice Pilots NWT.  i’d never seen it yesterday.

That should be Buffalo Airways out of Hay River, NWT. May explain why the landing gear didn't fully deploy. They fly some pretty old planes, or did, when I used to fly up way north from just the north.

Best Canadian made reality tv series show on the Weather Channel here is 'Highway Through Hell'. It may have a different name here in the USA (with the not made here syndrome) though.

For more HTH info, see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highway_Thru_Hell

Wb

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

yes it was Buffalo -- felt bad for those workers out there in that cold weather trying to work on the planes before they could get them inside the hangar.

Give me minus 30 without a strong wind over 100 Degrees F anyday. It comes down to what you are used to. Stuff does get stiff though in the extreme cold.

Wb

Got this image this AM:

So the daughter and her husband said the dogs will 'never' be allowed on their bed a couple of weeks back. It's a King Size and they have completely taken it over. If it gets cold in the night they have plenty of room to sneak under the covers.

Only issue being the new pup likes to lick her buddies face early in the morning until he reluctantly wakes up. Not a morning dog, he likes to sleep in.

Wb

The Takeover.jpg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Ha!  My dog wasn't either.  As family got up he went from room to room jumping in with those still asleep.

Not as dumb as they pretend to be are they? 

Bichon’s love to claim space and objects. If I get up off the couch or get out of bed they race over to claim this as their turf. Then you have to tell them to move back.

My old miniature schnauzer never would even try that. Never, ever!

Wb

i don’t have access to photos unless they’re on my phone. probably in a box in a storage container. would love to post one that was taken showing only my and my st bernard's silhouettes as we were sharing a popsicle.   Just like me, Thor did what we wanted. He wasn’t disciplined. Jumped through the front window screen when he saw the mailman approaching the front door, alerted me when the smoke from the neighbor’s fireplace was in our yard. He bit through a power cord and just shook his head when the shock came. Laid on the patio and ate the stucco off the house. 

First day i met my mother in law, (we didn’t meet under the best of situations so i definitely had to win her over). she comes to the house and Thor runs though the mud and puts his muddy paws on her chest -- ruining her expensive silk blouse. She looked at me and said, “You owe me a new blouse.”  I made her a grandmother instead. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...