Lets see your pets

mr clean

Im setting here looking at old pics and found this one. This is lucy and gracie. Lucy pasted 3 years ago and I know when gracie passes they will have to put me in the nuthouse. Just setting here feeling kind of blue thinking about it. But im enjoying her while she's here and time to feed the old girl. She 13 but still has that terrier attitude!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2da.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I hope he (she?) bites you for that.

Yeah, my wife chose that outfit.  The dog's name is Lulu, which I would not choose for a name either.  I just call her Lu.  I always had big dogs growing up, so when my daughter dropped off this dog, I didn't care for it much.  It snapped and barked at me.  Turns out it was abused by a man before my daughter got it.  One day I was sitting on the couch and she came bounding down the hallway and jumped in my lap.  She didn't realize it was me.  Immediately she had her ears back and I just kept talking to her.  Since that day we've been best buds and that dog follows me everywhere.  She is really old now but we still go on walks.

Great dog, probably the best I've ever had.

• Like 3

• Moderators

The 2 dogs, both rescues, one Min pin and a Chihuahua. The Min pin thinks he is a bad azz until some fireworks or loud noise then he runs inside, the Chihuahua just follows him around. 

And a cat that died of old age a couple years ago.

yard-27-1.JPG

animals-5.JPG

animals_(2).jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators

Your right it should be done more. They were all rescues but the Chihuahua was a different kind of rescue, our daughter is a hospice nurse and an old lady who had her died, none of the family wanted the dog so our daughter took her and we ended up with her because the two dogs got along so well, but she really is a good dog. Anyone can walk in sit down and she will jump in there lap and be happy, we think the old lady must have held her all the time ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, MookieStl said:

Currently my nurse/confidant as a rehab from knee replacement. 

Hope you get better fast, my neighbor went through that 3 times, the part your doing now is one of the worst, good luck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, codewritinfool said:

Yeah, my wife chose that outfit.  The dog's name is Lulu, which I would not choose for a name either.  I just call her Lu.  I always had big dogs growing up, so when my daughter dropped off this dog, I didn't care for it much.  It snapped and barked at me.  Turns out it was abused by a man before my daughter got it.  One day I was sitting on the couch and she came bounding down the hallway and jumped in my lap.  She didn't realize it was me.  Immediately she had her ears back and I just kept talking to her.  Since that day we've been best buds and that dog follows me everywhere.  She is really old now but we still go on walks.

Great dog, probably the best I've ever had.

that is a beautiful story, i teared up a little, to the point that i almost forgave you for posting that picture of the poor little dog.

• Like 4