New 5.1 setup

Przemek

Hi Guys,

I'm an amateur when comes to choosing the proper speaker setup, so I have a question to you.

I made a low quality (but tried to be as correct as possible) map of my living room. With red dots I placed where the current 5.1 speakers are located, and placed a couch and TV.

1827137456_temp-Copy.thumb.jpg.35197ab55bbb122b27f185cef47af1b0.jpg

I looking for Klipsch setup which would fill the room. I'm thinking about RP-280F or maybe even RP-8000F for surround front speakers (front left and right). Do you think that's a proper setup to start with? Maybe I should provide some more information as well?

I appreciate all input, thanks!

Edit: changed surround with front

Edited by Przemek

Hi!

Personally, I'd place the tv diagonally between the L and R on the picture. The RP-280F and 8000F is more suitable for front speakers and not surround. I'd go for any of the bookshelf speakers for surround. I've no idea where I'd place the surrounds though... It's hard to say considering that wherever you could place them, some positions on the couch might perceive the sound as front wide, and other positions might perceive the sound as surround back... One thing that might help is moving the couch as far away from the back wall as possible and placing bookshelves on stands behind the couch. In addition, you could go for an in-wall solution for the surrounds as well. Good luck with the project! 

Ahhh, that's what I meant, sorry for confusion, I'm looking for the front speakers! :)

First just want to clarify that the TV is indeed in the diagonal position in the corner (although it's not perfectly possible, due to place limitation)

But do you think that RP-280F or 8000F is what I should look for for my room as front speakers? They are even more important than surround for music listening purposes.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2019 at 6:30 PM, Przemek said:

Ahhh, that's what I meant, sorry for confusion, I'm looking for the front speakers! :)

First just want to clarify that the TV is indeed in the diagonal position in the corner (although it's not perfectly possible, due to place limitation)

But do you think that RP-280F or 8000F is what I should look for for my room as front speakers? They are even more important than surround for music listening purposes.

Sorry for taking such a long time to answer. By now you've probably bought your speaker, but I'm going to answer as I would if this was back in early October.

The only difference between the 280f and 8000f is the new vented tweeter and some minor changes in cabin design. Now I could go on about how those two things will make sound different when comparing the 280f and the 8000f, but i won't. Reason why is that it doesn't matter. Best thing for you would be to try them both out and see which one you prefer. Might just be that you don't actually hear the difference, in which case I'd recommend the 280f because its cheaper. 

If you have bought your speakers already, I'd like to know which one you ended up going for :)