Who here dabbles with 3d printing ?

joessportster

Probably can be made. I dabbled in it when it first came out and found many bad designs in the extruders. (That's what they call them). The other bad thing is the first extruded layer has to stick very hard to the surface plate via something like paper or you have a mess. The other bad thing is you are restricted to very few materials that are not very strong. I sent it back. But I would recommend you find somebody very good to make your part. You might think better by CNCing it---carve it out of a solid block. Hell, just make it yourself with a hacksaw and drill press. You could probably use aluminum. Then you don't have to buy a $4,000.00 CNC machine and $500.00 software.

JJK

I've done some 3D printing. Biggest potential problem that I see with your project is the precision with which the part can be created. Different printers and different materials have different dimensional tolerances for the part being printed. Tight tolerances result in high printing costs. My cheap little $100 parts were probably ±½ millimeter or so.

20 hours ago, JJkizak said:

Probably can be made. I dabbled in it when it first came out and found many bad designs in the extruders. (That's what they call them). The other bad thing is the first extruded layer has to stick very hard to the surface plate via something like paper or you have a mess. The other bad thing is you are restricted to very few materials that are not very strong. I sent it back. But I would recommend you find somebody very good to make your part. You might think better by CNCing it---carve it out of a solid block. Hell, just make it yourself with a hacksaw and drill press. You could probably use aluminum. Then you don't have to buy a $4,000.00 CNC machine and $500.00 software.

JJK

The process and materials available have improved a lot.

6 hours ago, Dave A said:

Which part of the assembly are you trying to duplicate? Do you have a physical part to copy?

Hey Dave. I have an original part. I am trying to re-create the whole piece. I can get more detailed pics and forward them. I am happy to pay for having 1 or more duplicated (Likely a small market for a few of them)

It could be out of a rigid plastic though the original is Aluminum with a small thin plexi that flips over

Joe

2 hours ago, joessportster said:

Hey Dave. I have an original part. I am trying to re-create the whole piece. I can get more detailed pics and forward them. I am happy to pay for having 1 or more duplicated (Likely a small market for a few of them)

It could be out of a rigid plastic though the original is Aluminum with a small thin plexi that flips over

Joe

OK send the pictures.

13 hours ago, USNRET said:

I had one with my Basis. Today they sell for $300.

I cant find one for the 2.2 Graham, all the ones I see are for the phantom and up which is different to my knowledge.  If you know something I dont I am all ears.

11 hours ago, Dave A said:

OK send the pictures.

Will pm Dave thanks, I have to break out the camera and tripod my tremors wont allow me to take steady detailed pics.

Hey Joe:

I work in libraries and many libraries, colleges, and universities offer 3D printing, CNC routers, and laser cutters. Much more cost effective than buying your own machine, as they usually just charge for the materials you use (sometimes you can bring your own), or a fee to use their equipment. Not sure where you are located, but if you search for library makerspaces or university makerspaces in your area, you might find someone that can help. IF you 3D print, it will be made from ABS plastic, which is the same material used for Lego's. For other machines, such as the CNC router and laser cutter, you can use different materials (usually wood and sometimes metal). Whichever way you go, you'll first need a file to print or load into the CNC or 3D printer. Typically these are called .STL files. Sometimes, you can find a makerspace that has a 3D scanner, where you can take your part, scan it to create the STL file, or there's other CAD software to generate the file.  Good luck.

5 hours ago, joessportster said:

I cant find one for the 2.2 Graham, all the ones I see are for the phantom and up which is different to my knowledge.  If you know something I dont I am all ears.

Will pm Dave thanks, I have to break out the camera and tripod my tremors wont allow me to take steady detailed pics.

OK the pictures should tell me enough to know if we can do this. If I do determine I can make it, and I see no reason to think I can't, you will need to send me the assembly so I can generate a CAD file for it all. Once I have a good model of this I can make it or others can.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2019 at 7:33 PM, Zurnes said:

Hello everyone! I need to write an essay about 3d printers, how they have changed our lives and what are the prospects of using them. 
Who understands this, please tell me what articles you can read? I would be very grateful. 
But to be honest I wanted to ask about one more point. I'm thinking about ordering a finished essay from someone. I found a site where a huge number of reviews on essay writing services. Here is one of them - https://paidpaper.net/studymoose-com-review/ do you think it's safe? Will they write a good essay for me?

There is a lot of information on your topic on the Internet. You can look at sites from technical conferences ... Well, or you to these guys https://gradesfixer.com/free-essay-examples/french-revolution/. They have many topics in which they can help.

Edited by Quvanu

On 10/5/2019 at 11:33 AM, Zurnes said:

Hello everyone! I need to write an essay about 3d printers, how they have changed our lives and what are the prospects of using them. 
Who understands this, please tell me what articles you can read? I would be very grateful. 
But to be honest I wanted to ask about one more point. I'm thinking about ordering a finished essay from someone. I found a site where a huge number of reviews on essay writing services. Here is one of them - https://paidpaper.net/studymoose-com-review/ do you think it's safe? Will they write a good essay for me?

I think the idea that you would try to find someone to write for you really sad. If you have no more interest in the topic than that then find something else to write about but do not be so intellectually lazy.

IF you decide to do the right thing and investigate 3D printing a simple Google search will get you more info than you could ever use. A simple search could be "current uses for 3D Printing" I have a hard time believing the younger generations who are supposed to be so web interconnected are so lost when it comes to the pursuit of knowledge. You need to change your mindset.

How in the world can someone not find more information ON THEIR OWN than they can ever use on this topic baffles me.