Klipsch Epic CF-4 speakers - $900 (Decatur, IL)

opusk2k9

From ad:

Excellent condition with only very minor blemishes to finish.

The two electrolytic capacitors in each speaker's crossovers (in the woofer's circuits) have been replaced with new electrolytic capacitors. I also have all new polypropylene capacitors to replace all the other caps in the crossovers, which will be included in sale.

These have rubber surrounds which are soft and pliable - no need to refoam.

They are Series 3 - the last version of CF-4's to be produced. Don't believe everything you read online about these being inferior to the first CF-4's. According to a Klipsch forum member, a former Klipsch employee stated that the modifications from series to series were actually done to improve the synergy between the drivers and the cabinet.

Come hear them and see for yourself. I've heard and owned many high-end speakers and these are no slouch.

They're not harsh like many Klipsch speakers have a reputation for being. I used to have La Scala's and these CF-4's are FAR better. (At least with solid state amps - I never got to try my La Scala's with a tube amp....unfortunate but they were too large for my listening space, as are these CF-4's)
One Klipsch forum member even regretted selling his CF-4's to acquire Klipschorns, because he liked the CF-4's better. Another member who had both the Khorns and CF-4's at the same time did a review and also preferred the CF-4's.

Very heavy and large speakers, but I have a hand truck and can assist with loading them after they've been paid for....but I can't take responsibility for any mishaps at that point. Definitely need a van, truck, SUV or trailer to transport these.

Cash only; local pick-up only.

Let me know if you have any questions - glad to help in any way I can.

https://decatur.craigslist.org/ele/d/decatur-klipsch-epic-cf-4-speakers/6990761401.html

• Like 1

Nice price on the CF4's.  He says version 3,  yet those Epics appear to have the longer port,  have a grey horn and grey drivers as well. From what I have read,  on the 3rd version, the horns were painted black and the drivers were black as well.    

• Like 1