Mouse finish damage on a Pilot tube amp help

juniper

A mouse relieved itself on my Pilot SA 260 amp and it now has black tarnish marks on top of the chassis, any ideas on how to repair this? this and its console compliment cost more then some cars in the late 50's ... I hate to have damaged a great thing, it was in almost mint condition Any advice would be great...

Pat, why not call Ralph at Atma-Sphere and ask him for advice.  I’m sure he has dealt with this issue in the past and may be able to help you.  The methods I’ve used with old radios would not be suitable for a piece of equipment like your Pilot.  Hope all is well with you.

Maynard

29 minutes ago, tube fanatic said:

Pat, why not call Ralph at Atma-Sphere and ask him for advice.  I’m sure he has dealt with this issue in the past and may be able to help you.  The methods I’ve used with old radios would not be suitable for a piece of equipment like your Pilot.  Hope all is well with you.

Maynard

Maynard thanks for  the advice, once again! YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!! I wish i had just sent my amp too you........Atma-sphere tech did a great job, but 2k was a little steep....it still sounds glorious, what a great amp with the SA-210....Best amps  i have heard in my space.... i have had  few..... Maynard, Thanks again!!!