Anyone here a recruiter or hiring authority?

BigStewMan

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

So, this morning, I decide to email the job recruiter and thank her for her help and ask if she has any idea when they’ll decide who gets invited to interview. I had a bad feeling that i’d screw something up; but as is often the case, i didn’t listen to myself. So, I drafted an email, checked it three times -- no errors and off it goes. 

She replies by thanking me for the email and saying that there were well over 200 applicants and they hope to make the first cuts in a week or two.

Then i notice my email to her is in some GIANT font size.  It looked normal when i hit reply and typed it out; but somewhere along the line it got enlarged to four times the size of the font that she used.

well, she knows now that it was a serious question!  I guess either Apple or Safari doesn’t want me to go back to work. this reeks of a vast tech conspiracy to keep me out of the workforce. 

I sure hope i wasn’t on the bubble because that font was large enough to pop it.. 

Anyone with a functioning brain is going to read what you wrote and not what SIZE font you used. You should be okay as long as you didn’t write it in ALL CAPS.

Good Luck!

Wb

On 10/5/2019 at 1:52 PM, billybob said:

Yes, short and sweet. ...to the points...

Absolutely correct, otherwise your resume' goes to the "Trash Folder".

For larger companies the application review process is automated. If too long and/or not triggered by key words, the system files your *** to the trash folder, an HR assistant won't even know you existed.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I’ll soon be able to tell you another story about something crazy that i said during a job interview.  After nearly five weeks, i’d given up on that job with the City. Today, i get an email asking me to come interview. Over 200 applicants and i made the top dozen or so.   Hour long interviews and they’re only doing interviews for two days, so with lunch, can’t see them doing more than six or seven each day. So, i’m top five percent on paper.

guess i’ll have to go buy some nice duds ... all of my business attire is packed away and there is no way that i’m going to the storage unit and digging through boxes to find a nice shirt. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

I’ll soon be able to tell you another story about something crazy that i said during a job interview.  After nearly five weeks, i’d given up on that job with the City. Today, i get an email asking me to come interview. Over 200 applicants and i made the top dozen or so.   Hour long interviews and they’re only doing interviews for two days, so with lunch, can’t see them doing more than six or seven each day. So, i’m top five percent on paper.

guess i’ll have to go buy some nice duds ... all of my business attire is packed away and there is no way that i’m going to the storage unit and digging through boxes to find a nice shirt. 

Good luck! 👍 

Wb

• Thanks 1