Gladiator 2

Kain

having seen the first gladiator many times i would guess it would be the story of maximus the farmer becoming general. in the movie they talk about a past relationship between maximus and the princess, which would probably be included, and add the story about a farmer who falls in love with a princess, and they end up hurting each other. in fact, in the movie itself, they kind of set up a prequel with all the comments about the past.

anyways the website said there is no director yet, so this will probably not be realesed in 2003, at the earliest i would think would be summer 2004.

anyways we have some great movies to look forward to for 2003, like : harry potter 3, lord of the rings 3, matrix 2 & 3, daredevil, hulk, and probably some i haven't heard of yet.

yeah, max certainly wouldn't be a gladiator yet. don't think he'd even have dreams of being a gladiator. so how can they call it "gladiator"? sure they'll be creative to make some more $$$ though. 2.gif

if its just mostly about him as the general or in the army, that would be good by me. that 1st battle scene w/ the germanians was my fav part of that movie.

I've read recently that the next Gladiator movie won't be a prequel as originally planned(which would've been a better idea), but a sequel with an as yet undetermined character from several years later.

The concept now is to have someone from one of Rome's northern provinces like England, become a resistance fighter against Rome like William Wallace was against the Brits 1,000 years later. In which case, how could it be called "Gladiator" anything?