Listening to Leonard Cohen Unbelievable

bkwa1959

I have been listening to a couple of Albums/cd’s of Leonard Cohen and my system never sounded better.

You want it darker and Popular Problems,I have been listening all day switching between these and Alison Krauss and Union Station so long so strong cd,another great cd/ album.

6087E6AF-46D6-400F-AB4E-20B4E233ED3B.jpeg

• Like 1

Saw him in an indoor concert in Berkeley in the early '70s.  There were a few people standing in the aisles because every seat was taken.  The fire marshal arrived and said they would have to go.  Cohen said, "Oh they can come up on stage with me."  People began to do that, and the fire marshal freaked, indicating that they had to leave, and couldn't lay one foot on stage (which had a huge floor area).  Cohen calmly tried to reason with this individual, but reason was evidently not his strong suit.  "Stop the concert, or we'll turn off your microphone!"  He didn't, and they did.  He said, "I don't need that," and sang without it.  So, they turned off the lights.  Someone, I don't remember who, persuaded us that being totally in the dark was hazardous, in case we had to evacuate suddenly (earthquake?), so the auditorium drained.  It was all so Berkeley.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, garyrc said:

Saw him in an indoor concert in Berkeley in the early '70s.  There were a few people standing in the aisles because every seat was taken.  The fire marshal arrived and said they would have to go.  Cohen said, "Oh they can come up on stage with me."  People began to do that, and the fire marshal freaked, indicating that they had to leave, and couldn't lay one foot on stage (which had a huge floor area).  Cohen calmly tried to reason with this individual, but reason was evidently not his strong suit.  "Stop the concert, or we'll turn off your microphone!"  He didn't, and they did.  He said, "I don't need that," and sang without it.  So, they turned off the lights.  Someone, I don't remember who, persuaded us that being totally in the dark was hazardous, in case we had to evacuate suddenly (earthquake?), so the auditorium drained.  It was all so Berkeley.

I don’t think things have improved there. Common sense is rather uncommon.

Wb