Trying to eat more healthy

mr clean

• Moderators

Don't know about the pink color but no matter where it comes from it was once in a sea, could have been millions of years ago but it's all sea salt.

Edit;

Looked up the pink thing, have some on the counter but had no idea why it was pink. 

Pink Himalayan salt is chemically similar to table salt. It contains up to 98 percent sodium chloride.

The rest of the salt consists of trace minerals, such as potassium, magnesium, and calcium. These give the salt its light pink tint.

These minerals also explain why Himalayan salt tastes different from regular table salt.

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Could be Salt Lake salt though😀

True, not necessarily a sea, ya got me. 

But I hope they was off the bird and dinosaur crap.

I have no idea what I am doing in a thread about eating right at 6'3" and #260,........................... I have big bones...............with fat over them :o

• Like 2

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, billybob said:

Dang, thought they got it from the salt mines...thanks

Same thing, in South Louisiana when they were digging in a salt mine in 1885 they found a Mastodon tooth, that's some old salt.

They use that same mine for the salt to make Tabasco pepper sauce on Avery Island. The tooth is in the tabasco museum on the island.

The tooth is about a foot tall

tabasco_(14).JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, wstrickland1 said:

Didn't say it was great, but no sodium.....

I tried some different seasonings claiming no salt, for some reason they taste more salty than the same ones that have salt. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wstrickland1 said:

Didn't say it was great, but no sodium.....

Beats HBP...

The great thing about my relocating has been restocking my spice, herb supply...well not so great really. Cooking for 1 is Abit challenging, and must admit, have not until very recently started back to cooking again...limited fast food around here without having to go several miles. Good enough restaurant s here but priced for tourist s... good seafood. Bro keeps threatening to take me fishing...oh well... hunting season coming soon so no going fishing for him.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dtel said:

I tried some different seasonings claiming no salt, for some reason they taste more salty than the same ones that have salt. 

15 minutes ago, dtel said:

Same thing, in South Louisiana when they were digging in a salt mine in 1885 they found a Mastodon tooth, that's some old salt.

They use that same mine for the salt to make Tabasco pepper sauce on Avery Island. The tooth is in the tabasco museum on the island.

The tooth is about a foot tall

tabasco_(14).JPG

Dang, one heck of a tooth ache... need to pickup some hot sauce and Tabasco for bloody Mary...😊

• Haha 2

At the OSU Heart Hospital they don't have salt anywhere.  Talk about withdrawals.  Then when they let me walk around I hit the buildings connecting tunnels and found my way to the Wendy's in the basement of the regular hospital.  There I was in my gown ordering a large fry and taking a handful or salt packages back to the Heart hospital.  Great fries and I wanted to sell the remaing stash to my roomie before I left.  I was nice though and told him to pass it on to the next guy if he wasn't salt restricted.  Hahahaha  All my nurses were laffin their butts off.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

never was one to add salt to anything. i think i get enough sodium in the processed foods that i eat. 

okay, full disclosure .... i was just at the grocery store and bought a bag of salad, cherry tomatoes, olives, and fat & sugar free balsamic vinaigrette.  tonight dinner will add three seconds to my life ... that’s enough for one interesting post on this forum.  you lucky guys!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

At the OSU Heart Hospital they don't have salt anywhere.  Talk about withdrawals.  Then when they let me walk around I hit the buildings connecting tunnels and found my way to the Wendy's in the basement of the regular hospital.  There I was in my gown ordering a large fry and taking a handful or salt packages back to the Heart hospital.  Great fries and I wanted to sell the remaing stash to my roomie before I left.  I was nice though and told him to pass it on to the next guy if he wasn't salt restricted.  Hahahaha  All my nurses were laffin their butts off.  

Urban Meyer wears a hospital gown on the set of the college football studio show…

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Sounds like you showed your butt at Wendy's...

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

My wife and I stopped eating salt   for 1.5 years , every time we eat out at restaurants  , that's all we tasted , salt !

We now ad salt to some foods  but we are careful  to not  ad too much

Our food supply is very  addictive , by design of course , for profit  .

They do not care about our health .

OTOH  , if you have money vested in food companies , you should  have the same vested  in pharmaceuticals 😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Kidd said:

My wife and I stopped eating salt   for 1.5 years , every time we eat out at restaurants  , that's all we tasted , salt !

My dad had a heart transplant many years ago, he had to go on a strict diet before and after and he said the same thing, even a piece of bread was so salty he could not it at all, he said everything was very salty.

• Like 1