Trying to eat more healthy

mr clean

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It's crazy how our society lives on fast food, pre made dinners, and ultra processed food.   You can see it clearly in the mid west where there is alot of over weight people in poor health.   Yet they won't come to terms that it's better to eat 3 eggs, oat meal, and black coffee at home versus Casey's breakfast pizza and Starbucks.  

If these people switch to more home cooked meals, they'd loose 40 lbs in a couple of months.  But hey, what else is there to do in Nebraska?

When I grew up you only went to a restaurant once a week.  Now three times a day.  I still do once a week if even and then it is healthy (or at least as close to healthy that you can get from a restaurant). 

Cut out all crap and then go the extra mile and get rid of sugar (even in your coffee).  You will not even think about weight as you will just stay thin.  No effort needed. 

• Like 2

On 2/25/2023 at 3:21 PM, Weni said:

Yes, no one needs a diet. Just stop overeating.

But of course people need diets. Overeating, for profit dieting, doctors, medication(s) are what makes the economy go ‘round and ‘round. There is very little money in thin, healthy people. Silly boy - 

• 4 months later...
On 2/26/2023 at 6:36 PM, tigerwoodKhorns said:

When I grew up you only went to a restaurant once a week.  Now three times a day.  I still do once a week if even and then it is healthy (or at least as close to healthy that you can get from a restaurant). 

Cut out all crap and then go the extra mile and get rid of sugar (even in your coffee).  You will not even think about weight as you will just stay thin.  No effort needed. 

Once a week ??

Once a year in my childhood home

• Like 1

On 7/21/2023 at 2:43 PM, tommiek said:

I also try to eat a healthy breakfast in the morning, and French fries again in the evening...

On 7/21/2023 at 4:17 PM, OO1 said:

with a dip , right  

On 7/23/2023 at 2:46 PM, the real Duke Spinner said:

Once a week ??

Once a year in my childhood home

On 2/27/2023 at 10:28 AM, the real Duke Spinner said:

Cow Pokin. 😀

One of my friends says "cowboying" is the hardest job on the world. After a while you get used to being soaked with urine and crap.

JJK

• Like 1

Before my surgery a year ago, I stopped drinking beer. I dropped 10 lbs. in a few months. I've been sitting at 135 now and feel great, although I'm tipping a few while on vacation, but I'll stop when we get back home.

Pretty much can eat anything, and for me it's easy to say no to second helpings... most of the time.

• 4 weeks later...

I became really focused on eating healthily last year when I began to notice a bit of extra weight. I wouldn't say I'm overweight, but there's definitely some belly fat that gives me the feeling of a middle-aged man who's been a lifelong beer enthusiast.

To address this, I took the step of cutting out foods high in flour, sugar, and alcohol from my meals. Alongside this, I incorporated cardio into my evenings, usually walking around 10 km. This regimen has shown some impressive results.

Since I live near Costco, I do most of my shopping there, and I find everything I need for a healthy diet.

Every morning I make my smoothie from Clovis Farms frozen smoothie packs. These smoothies contain a blend of frozen blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, bananas, kale, and spinach. It's an excellent kickstart for my entire digestive system.

Besides that, during the day, I eat a higher proportion of vegetables and lean meats, as opposed to carbohydrates like potatoes, pasta, or rice.

For my vegetable fix, I've been enjoying the Pura Vida's Brussels Sprouts with a hint of bacon flavor. As for protein, I opt for simple chicken breast.

All the ingredients I mentioned above can be found in the Costco frozen food section.

Edited by MassiveG

• 4 weeks later...