Klipsch Chorus II (black) - $700 ; Phoenix AZ (via Craigslist)

rszoke

no affiliation

Klipsch Chorus II Hi-Fi speakers. Consecutive serial numbers. I believe this pair was manufactured in 1996. As far as I know these are stock and have not had anything replaced. They are fully functional and sound great. Cosmetically I would grade them a 6/10. The finish has nicks and some scrapes. A little black touch up paint would help a lot. One of the passive woofers on the back has a bump in the center, see pics. This doesn't affect the sound.
The speakers are available to demo. Serious buyers can contact me to set up a time.

I am NOT currently taking offers on these. NO trades. Cash only.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/ele/d/phoenix-klipsch-chorus-ii-hi-fi/6993587694.html

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2019 at 3:15 AM, habinger808 said:

are these not worth the price?... im being honest in asking by the way

Yes, they are worth $700. The Chorus II's do not come up very often. I would buy them if they were closer. The pushed in dust cap on the rear passive is only cosmetic and has zero affect on the sound / performance of the speaker. The dust cap can be popped out using a vacuum hose if it bothers you.

Worth mentioning is the scratches on the finish, the black is the easiest to refinish and can be completed in a weekend.

Go get 'em.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, crunchman12001 said:

Not sure how you could refinish a pair of speakers in an hour but good for you. It takes me almost an hour just to remove the drivers and tape them off for finish removal.

I don't to for showroom finish.   Use high proof rubbing alcohol on rag and rub speakers down entirely. Dry them after.   Dip new, clean rag in stain and go with the grain in light coats (takes a few minutes per speaker).   Have doen this multiple times with good results. Usually 2 coats are all that is needed.   Again, not perfect, but results I have experienced were well worth minimal effort. 

31 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I don't to for showroom finish.   Use high proof rubbing alcohol on rag and rub speakers down entirely. Dry them after.   Dip new, clean rag in stain and go with the grain in light coats (takes a few minutes per speaker).   Have doen this multiple times with good results. Usually 2 coats are all that is needed.   Again, not perfect, but results I have experienced were well worth minimal effort. 

Well, that explains it.

I prefer to go for the OEM finish. When the speakers are striped down you can also fix any dents, scratches and veneer issues.You can see my results on the pair of KLF-20's I have for sale in the Garage Sale area.

Take care.

9 minutes ago, crunchman12001 said:

Well, that explains it.

I prefer to go for the OEM finish. When the speakers are striped down you can also fix any dents, scratches and veneer issues.You can see my results on the pair of KLF-20's I have for sale in the Garage Sale area.

Take care.

If the speakers were rough and not just things that can be easily touched up, or if I was planning to keep them long term, by all means.  Just a thought. Those by no means look rough to me. Good price. Someone grab em and enjoy!