Georgia Estate Sale - Klipschorn, LaScala, Belle

ArcAngles

All, for better or worse I live nowhere near this GA estate sale I came across, but I feel like somebody on this forum needs to check it out and report back.. and/or buy these speakers. This estate sale in Georgia this weekend, 10/11, 10/12, lists 1980 Belles, 1980 LaScalas, and Klipschorns of unspecified vintage. Somebody pick them up and report back ---

https://www.estatesales.net/GA/Eastanollee/30538/2329017

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Holey crap.  I see a line around the block for this one.

I kinda doubt that...thanks to their marketing scheme BOSE is what most people "not in the know" think are great speakers...plus all of these are BIG, so with WAF to consider they will likely have very little high bids unless a bunch or forum member show up!

14 minutes ago, HDBRbuilder said:

I kinda doubt that...thanks to their marketing scheme BOSE is what most people "not in the know" think are great speakers...plus all of these are BIG, so with WAF to consider they will likely have very little high bids unless a bunch or forum member show up!

Did you see all the other stuff there?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, HDBRbuilder said:

Maybe some Bose 901 lover will show-up, get out-bid on them, and "settle" for some of the Klipsch stuff with a winning bid and immediately  become a convert after getting them home and hearing them!

One could hope but most I know just love, love, love their Bose 901's.  I'm insane for having Klipsch cause they never heard of it BUT when they sit here they're smiling the entire time.  Then they go home and listen to their old blown out 901's again.  lol  duh!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

One could hope but most I know just love, love, love their Bose 901's.  I'm insane for having Klipsch cause they never heard of it BUT when they sit here they're smiling the entire time.  Then they go home and listen to their old blown out 901's again.  lol  duh!

Keep this in mind...all the work we have to do to get a room squared away for our Klipsch as far as treatments goes, those 901 owners don't need to worry about...because REFLECTION is what makes BOSE thrive!  You'll NEVER get the FINE DETAILS of the music out of Bose, but you can put them almost anywhere there is a flat wall without worrying about room treatments!  Me?...I need the detail so Bose is NOT and option!  To me, it is over-priced junk!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bkwa1959 said:

One thing you can count on with an  estate sale is that the people running the sale have researched what they are selling and usually price the items on the high side and the chance of a great deal is highly unlikely.

That's definitely true for guns (for a PARTICULAR reason!), but one must consider that it is STILL an AUCTION...and the highest bidder wins...no matter what the seller is expecting.  It all really boils down to who shows up and what they  want....along with how high they are willing to bid.