Georgia Estate Sale - Klipschorn, LaScala, Belle

ArcAngles

I missed the part about it being an auction , I thought it was an estate sale that had each item with a price tag on each item.I emailed the estate group last week and was told they were still pricing items and would get back to me with a price.

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

If it wasn't for the Confederate flags, I might consider it......

An 11 hour trip to take a chance on an estate sale...…

I put one on my Great-great Grandfather's grave twice a year, whether you or anybody else likes them or not!  And no, he never owned a slave!  But he fought..for his country...for his own reasons!  He was sent home for being to old at the age of 42, right after the Battle of Corinth...by the time he got home, that old-age ban had been lifted...and he found his sawmill burnt to the ground along with his home and everything else was destroyed or gone thanks to enemy soldiers.  So he searched around to find his wife and children, gathered them up and moved them to live in a cave with a good spring below it, and went back to fight again!  Trust me, he FOUGHT MUCH HARDER the second time around!!...again, FOR HIS OWN REASONS...Just like his father and grandfather fought for their country and flag before him, and like his children and grand-children and great-grandchildren and great-great grandchildren and even his great-great-great grandchildren fought for their country and its flag after him!  POLITICIANS start wars, but it is the common men who have to fight in them...for whatever reason....So try to keep the political crap to a minimum, thanks!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, bkwa1959 said:

I missed the part about it being an auction , I thought it was an estate sale that had each item with a price tag on each item.I emailed the estate group last week and was told they were still pricing items and would get back to me with a price.

All of the estate sales I have ever been to were auctions...but they did have tables of miscellaneous stuff with price tags on them...but the high-dollar items were auctioned!  The intent of most estate sales is to get rid of things the survivors don't want and put money in their pockets.  It is hard to sell something if you asking more for it than others are willing to pay!  Therefore the highest value items are normally auctioned, because they want money more that they want the items...and they hope to get more thru auctioning them.  This works out well for estate sales with guns...because, for some odd reason 😉, they tend to go for well above the normal asking price!  ME, I refuse to buy anything for more than it is really worth...and much prefer to get it for well under its going price elsewhere!  I build up my "net worth" MORE that way!

I happen to be heading down to Atlanta on Friday....  It's close enough to where I'm going that a side trip would be easy.....  I personally would be more interested in some of the tools.

None the less, I'm going down for my dad's 90'th birthday so it has to have priority and doesn't look like it would work for me.

5 minutes ago, Coytee said:

I happen to be heading down to Atlanta on Friday....  It's close enough to where I'm going that a side trip would be easy.....  I personally would be more interested in some of the tools.

None the less, I'm going down for my dad's 90'th birthday so it has to have priority and doesn't look like it would work for me.

I lost my father, who was MY BEST FRIEND, to Cancer a week after my 35th birthday...he was 73.  So I fully understand and commend you for trying to spend time with your father, especially on his special days!  I hope he has a great birthday! 

2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

If it wasn't for the Confederate flags, I might consider it......

An 11 hour trip to take a chance on an estate sale......

So I guess maybe you ought to stay out of Arkansas as well.   :rolleyes:

I'm from Syracuse and lived in Georgia for the last 20 years.  Darn good place.  :emotion-21:

13 hours ago, HDBRbuilder said:

I lost my father, who was MY BEST FRIEND, to Cancer a week after my 35th birthday...he was 73.  So I fully understand and commend you for trying to spend time with your father, especially on his special days!  I hope he has a great birthday! 

Piece of trivia that means nothing to anyone....but perhaps me.

Mom was in her mid stages of alzheimers.  I took her out to her favorite restaurant (Waffle House)  They knew her there and they also all called her "Mom"  (both my sisters are area managers so everyone knows them and consequently, Mom)

Was paying for the bill when I was tapped on the shoulder.  Turn around and there was a short gal behind me.  She was a foreigner.  She said "I wanted to THANK YOU!"

I was perplexed.....  must have shown on my face (thank me for WHAT??)

"I have never seen anyone in this country treat their mother like I saw you treat yours and I wanted you to know I appreciated it"

I was flabbergasted.  I was simply taking her out to breakfast however, she was my sole focus.

I'm still a bit perplexed by that but it was very unexpected and a very heartwarming thing to be told.

I've seen the other thread... the timing is off for me, way off.

This is just the other side of Lake Hartwell from where my brother lives. Current situation just isn't good for the total horn loaded Klipsch that I crave.

@jimjimbo just wear your MI cap and no one would think twice of ya :laugh:

21 minutes ago, billybob said:

Think @Edgar said it was only around 5 miles away from the home or birth place of Charlie McCoy in the other thread...

Would be a hoot if no one showed... kidding.

Different context entirely. I'm a few miles away from the guy who's selling the EV horns and drivers. I'm nowhere near Atlanta.

• Thanks 1

Saw that same auction listed a while back on a different auction site.  Same auctioneer just a different auction site.  Same photos.  Trying to remember the site I saw it on.  Gonna be a feeding frenzy Imma thinking.  Maybe not.  Who knows til they go.  FWIW.  @dirtmudd, was just scrolling back and saw your "alerts" comment.  Maybe it was there but I know I've seen the same pics somewhere before.  I had this vision then but...  hahaha  Nooooooo!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Coytee said:

Piece of trivia that means nothing to anyone....but perhaps me.

Mom was in her mid stages of alzheimers.  I took her out to her favorite restaurant (Waffle House)  They knew her there and they also all called her "Mom"  (both my sisters are area managers so everyone knows them and consequently, Mom)

Was paying for the bill when I was tapped on the shoulder.  Turn around and there was a short gal behind me.  She was a foreigner.  She said "I wanted to THANK YOU!"

I was perplexed.....  must have shown on my face (thank me for WHAT??)

"I have never seen anyone in this country treat their mother like I saw you treat yours and I wanted you to know I appreciated it"

I was flabbergasted.  I was simply taking her out to breakfast however, she was my sole focus.

I'm still a bit perplexed by that but it was very unexpected and a very heartwarming thing to be told.

There are many nations where the people in the vast majority of these countries (except maybe in the largest cites in those countries) Just CAN NOT fathom the concept of nursing homes and such!  They have never seen one, because they seldom exist.  The elderly family members are cared for by all of their family and extended family, instead!  Most of these situations have many relatives living nearby the home(s) of the elderly people, and take turns providing the necessary care for their elderly relatives.  If the elderly individual needs hospital care, they will be there with them for the entire time they are at the hospital, and as soon as the person CAN POSSIBLY BE RELEASED, they will take them back to the home and care for them there during recuperation!  They may have a local traveling nurse drop by if needed just to check on things...but it is the family who PERSONALLY takes on the responsibility of the care!  We, in this country are nowadays so far off-track when it comes to taking care of elderly family members, by and large!  It is just pitiful, IMHO!  My wife just cannot fathom the concept of a "nursing home"!  She is from the provinces in the Philippines.  Elderly are never disrespected in "her place", they are revered and treated with absolute respect!  We in this country really have lost that kind of thing...it is extremely sad to me!

• Like 3

Not sure how this thread went into care of the elderly.

As a physician, I've seen time and time again the elderly and their progression into needing care.  I will tell you, it can't always be the case of family solely taking responsibility of a deteriorating loved one.  It can make matters worse.    I've seen thousands of scenarios.

2 hours ago, jwc said:

Not sure how this thread went into care of the elderly.

As a physician, I've seen time and time again the elderly and their progression into needing care.  I will tell you, it can't always be the case of family solely taking responsibility of a deteriorating loved one.  It can make matters worse.    I've seen thousands of scenarios.

How true. Mom's Alzheimers almost killed Dad. He had to be awake for most of the day and night before he relented and put her in a home because you never knew what she would do or when. We went out there and stayed for a while and he said it was the first nights sleep he had had in a long time. He was really haggard looking.

• Thanks 2