Georgia Estate Sale - Klipschorn, LaScala, Belle

ArcAngles

4 hours ago, billybob said:

May have gone south there Dave...

Yeah snowflakes cry and win way to many times with censoring what offends them but it is OK when we are offended. Double standard that is not lost on those who see it and wonder why this goes on.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Yeah snowflakes cry and win way to many times with censoring what offends them but it is OK when we are offended. Double standard that is not lost on those who see it and wonder why this goes on.

That's funny.  Won't be long now.....

3 minutes ago, Dave A said:

How true. Mom's Alzheimers almost killed Dad. He had to be awake for most of the day and night before he relented and put her in a home because you never knew what she would do or when. We went out there and stayed for a while and he said it was the first nights sleep he had had in a long time. He was really haggard looking.

My mom's dementia did kill my father. Official cause, Bladder Cancer. He never would consider putting her into memory care and was in perpetual motion his entire life never missing a day of work in 50 years, never had a sick day. Never a hospital patient from the time he was born in one until he passed away 92 years later. Dad could still fit into his WWII RCAF uniform and leather flight jacket all his life with weight and muscle loss only the last 8 months of his life.

Both passed away within less than a year of each other. Mom absolutely riddled everywhere with cancer and 8 years younger than my father.

Wb

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, jwc said:

iNot sure how this thread went into care of the elderly.

As a physician, I've seen time and time again the elderly and their progression into needing care.  I will tell you, it can't always be the case of family solely taking responsibility of a deteriorating loved one.  It can make matters worse.    I've seen thousands of scenarios.

I get your point, but you don't seem to get mine...You'd be very surprised at how many of those family members in those countries are well-trained in medical care...Hospitals and hospices are very expensive for them, so what WE tend to do in a hospital or hospice situation is taken care of by family members under medical supervision BY family members, including IV's and everything.  They will even replicate a hospital bed for them, using the family members who have the skills to build it!  It is a cultural thing...for the most part...with the entire family involved so that nobody has need to shoulder an unnecessary amount of the burden on their own.  Few Filipino graduates from nursing schools and other medical profession schools actually get PAID in their jobs in that country...what they do is forego pay to gain experience..a VARIEY of experience...which can be verified...and once they have built up enough of that experience on their resume they go overseas to good-paying jobs to send money back home to their families. Most families have medical-professionals in them...more than one in most families...some are overseas while others are still building up their resumes to go overseas to work.  What goes on at home for the ill members is very-well supervised! MUCH MORE supervised and constant than I have seen in hospitals here. This kind of thing goes on in many countries around the world, too.  Things like dementia, Alzheimer's, and metastic issues in the brain are commonly taken care of at home under family member medical supervision.  I personally know about it...my wife's mother and grandfather are good examples.  NUMEROUS old age issues for the grandfather who was in his 90's when they all seemed to hit at once, terminal cancer for my mother-in-law.  FIVE family members in the medical professions in the local extended family neighborhood, rotating in and out of the homes, under the supervision of the doctors in the city.  Reporting changes to the doctors in the city, and following changing instructions.  Seeing is believing....and the patients actually FEEL THE LOVE involved in it all!

• Like 2

Being with the deteriorated elderly is courageous and honorable.  One should do all they can to be supportive and I can respect your efforts to encourage others to do the same.  However, I unfortunately seen those attempts tear a families apart, legal issues, horrible decision making by the loved ones, and further suffering of the patient.  It isn't a perfect world.

I'm sorry, you won't be able to convince me otherwise.  I respect your opinion.

So who is gonna be there to pick up these speakers? 

8 minutes ago, bkwa1959 said:

I emailed the seller and ask for prices for the Klipsch speakers and I received an email stating Klipsch speaker prices started at 3000 and up 

That just about let's know what to expect regarding the Klipsch... thanks

2 hours ago, Dave A said:

How true. Mom's Alzheimers almost killed Dad. He had to be awake for most of the day and night before he relented and put her in a home because you never knew what she would do or when. We went out there and stayed for a while and he said it was the first nights sleep he had had in a long time. He was really haggard looking.

What was true in time s past holds true nowaday generally speaking. Spouse taking care of the loved one. Sometimes and more often offspring doing the same thing. It is difficult and has been said to be unhealthy to do so yet, blood is thicker than water. In the days no so long ago, when people you care about were sick, you went to see them. When they died, you attended the funeral. Exception s still exist, even when family is far away, as today. Not a job, a labor of love.

As for civil war memorabilia, it is that and more to some. Going to leave it where it lays. Decided!

As for moderation, there should be an election more often, for the job...in my learned opinion.

Guess someone should do it but, not interested...

Any advertised estate sales I've been to overprice the items the first day. If there are any deals to be found, it will be on the last day. I never waste time on them anymore if they are run by an estate company.  Auctions and family run estate sales are a different.