Georgia Estate Sale - Klipschorn, LaScala, Belle

ArcAngles

I know a couple people in the estate sale business. They say stuff that is worth a decent amount usually gets overpriced hoping no one buys. When the sale is over they buy everything left over for a fraction of its value. They then either take it to the next estate sale or flip it asap and collect the proceeds. Pretty smart and really shady way to do business. I guess it's a pretty common practice.

Mark

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I called them yesterday on way to atlanta

gal told me it wasn’t an auction yet

everything had a tag price and what doesn’t sell will go to auction afterwards

i didn’t ask about prices on anything (sounded like she wasn’t at the actual location)

Most of the time, the people that conduct estate sales will not give prices over the phone prior to the sales, as they want as many people to show up as possible.  Surprised these people did that.  And, an estate sale is NOT an auction, it is a tag sale.  I normally avoid them unless they are very local and have something I am very interested in.

Professionally run estate sales here in the Phoenix Az area which I have been to are as @Coytee and @jimjimbo have stated: tag sales.         Exception:  they run Fri-Sun, and all items are 50% off on Sunday.  I benefitted from one in Colorado with a similar set of rules when my daughter got me a set of Forte I for $225 on a Sunday.