Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
ArcAngles

Georgia Estate Sale - Klipschorn, LaScala, Belle

Recommended Posts

All, for better or worse I live nowhere near this GA estate sale I came across, but I feel like somebody on this forum needs to check it out and report back.. and/or buy these speakers. This estate sale in Georgia this weekend, 10/11, 10/12, lists 1980 Belles, 1980 LaScalas, and Klipschorns of unspecified vintage. Somebody pick them up and report back ---

 

https://www.estatesales.net/GA/Eastanollee/30538/2329017

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holey crap.  I see a line around the block for this one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I need to drive up to Ga. lol
Wow. That’s one hell of a sale of tools and Klipsch speakers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I keep going the way I am, this is how my estate sale will look in about 40 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW ... "The one with the most toys wins" :D  ... just a couple of pics ...

WOW!!!  Three sets of Klipsch speakers.Klipsch Klipschorn speakers - ser #0745965421980 Klipsch La Scala Speakers - ser# 32y368

 

Auction is about 80 miles NE of Atlanta.Good luck to whomever is going :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Holey crap.  I see a line around the block for this one.

I kinda doubt that...thanks to their marketing scheme BOSE is what most people "not in the know" think are great speakers...plus all of these are BIG, so with WAF to consider they will likely have very little high bids unless a bunch or forum member show up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, HDBRbuilder said:

I kinda doubt that...thanks to their marketing scheme BOSE is what most people "not in the know" think are great speakers...plus all of these are BIG, so with WAF to consider they will likely have very little high bids unless a bunch or forum member show up!

Did you see all the other stuff there?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RT FAN said:

Something for everyone.

Maybe some Bose 901 lover will show-up, get out-bid on them, and "settle" for some of the Klipsch stuff with a winning bid and immediately  become a convert after getting them home and hearing them!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

16 minutes ago, HDBRbuilder said:

Maybe some Bose 901 lover will show-up, get out-bid on them, and "settle" for some of the Klipsch stuff with a winning bid and immediately  become a convert after getting them home and hearing them!

One could hope but most I know just love, love, love their Bose 901's.  I'm insane for having Klipsch cause they never heard of it BUT when they sit here they're smiling the entire time.  Then they go home and listen to their old blown out 901's again.  lol  duh!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is about an hour away from me.  However,  I am in a BBQ pit master contest this weekend and my other problem is I have too many Klipsch speakers already and no more room.  Speakers look pretty nice though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

 

One could hope but most I know just love, love, love their Bose 901's.  I'm insane for having Klipsch cause they never heard of it BUT when they sit here they're smiling the entire time.  Then they go home and listen to their old blown out 901's again.  lol  duh!

Keep this in mind...all the work we have to do to get a room squared away for our Klipsch as far as treatments goes, those 901 owners don't need to worry about...because REFLECTION is what makes BOSE thrive!  You'll NEVER get the FINE DETAILS of the music out of Bose, but you can put them almost anywhere there is a flat wall without worrying about room treatments!  Me?...I need the detail so Bose is NOT and option!  To me, it is over-priced junk!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been telling my wife for many years,  "A man can never have to many clamps."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, newtune said:

Road trip Jimbo ? 

 

If it wasn't for the Confederate flags, I might consider it......

 

An 11 hour trip to take a chance on an estate sale......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing you can count on with an  estate sale is that the people running the sale have researched what they are selling and usually price the items on the high side and the chance of a great deal is highly unlikely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, bkwa1959 said:

One thing you can count on with an  estate sale is that the people running the sale have researched what they are selling and usually price the items on the high side and the chance of a great deal is highly unlikely.

That's definitely true for guns (for a PARTICULAR reason!), but one must consider that it is STILL an AUCTION...and the highest bidder wins...no matter what the seller is expecting.  It all really boils down to who shows up and what they  want....along with how high they are willing to bid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...