Heritage loudspeakers Type of amp used to voice???

moray james

I wanted to know when voicing changed from using tube amps to Solid State amplifiers. My guess is around 1985 when the H2 came out but what about the Cornwall LaScala and KHorn? Thanks for the help in advance.

a tube output (a transformer) is electrically different from a solid state output (transistor or mosfet) so when voicing the loudspeaker different eq is used. I do not want to make this a discussion about voicing or SS Vs tube amplifiers. I know that the late Heresy (by about 1982 on) were voiced for SS I don't now about the CW, LS and KH though. Perhaps the Chief would chime in and comment.

For those who wish to discuss voicing and amplifier types do not discuss this here, please start a thread of your own for that. Here I only wish to learn when the change was made for the various models in the Heritage line. Thank you for your cooperation.

• Like 2

I wanted to know when voicing changed from using tube amps to Solid State amplifiers. My guess is around 1985 when the H2 came out but what about the Cornwall LaScala and KHorn? Thanks for the help in advance.

Solid State has been around for decades and tubes are still with us. I don’t know what you mean by voicing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started in 1978, and most, if not all, amps were solid state.  Crown, Mark Levinson, BGW, Revox, etc.  I suspect the changeover could be determined, but it would take a heck of  lot of research that I am not currently in the position of executing.  I doubt it was a step function.