Horizontal 396

13 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Are these for sale?

Generally speaking they can be ordered, but this particular one is not for sale though.  This was a custom order for a guy who is using 396's for mains but needed a horizontal center channel to put under a TV.  Usually the 398 is used but you can't put a grill on that one for whatever reason.  I had never heard of such but obviously it's possible.  

Been running into that a lot recently, other people who ship stuff are putting tall things on pallets and not strapping them down properly.  Truck driver will slam on the brakes and the next thing I know I have a speaker that is crushed on the side like this.  It has happened enough that I had to stop shipping certain speakers like Fortes on their sides for fear of them getting destroyed.  Shipped some La Scala's and same thing happened.  I just took off driving on a set yesterday to try to avoid it.  Happened last week or so with some RF-7III's, something fell on the side hard enough to bust my straps and made them fall over, I had to upgrade to the 1,500 pound ones.  I feel like there should be some kind of strapping police that says you have to strap this down but they don't care, if it's a paying customer then it ships, and this is the result.  That and boxes getting forked are about the only thing that ever happens.  The stupid thing is that both are avoidable, people just don't want to slow down and do it right.  

• Like 2