Ten Fingers Crossed!

Wolfbane

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Congratulations @Wolfbane

Wishing you two a happy, healthy new little one!

4 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

congrats!

4 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Congrats to you BOTH brother!  "The times they are a changin!"

3 hours ago, WillyBob said:

congrats!

best wishes for health and happy

Thanks all. But no one guessing? Hint; around here it’s either female or it gets fixed by one of the female’s. Me excepted... so far. 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Wb

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Congrats! First child?

Thanks. First child and first grand child. She should weight about 16 ounces at this stage. I've been trying to fatten Victoria up as she is tall and rail thin and should be gaining more weight right now.

Wb

• Like 1

Congrats to you all! Hope she's in good spirits.  I'm presuming she's a girl from the extra's on the first post.  (not the first time I might have missed a readily evident clue)

Just met my Great-Nephew.  He's about 4 weeks old and the first male in the family.  Maybe we can introduce them to each other in about 24 years!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

boy or girl?

I hope so....

my guess is a girl..

Not doing the pre-birth gender reveal?  Good. Takes the fun out of it.

So far, genetically, its been one or the other. Her paternal Grandparents had two girls and five boys survive. Four girls and one boy on the maternal side. Only three of the siblings made it to adulthood (all female).

I don't think we will see children being born in these kind of numbers anymore in North America. No Ranch or Farm Work in this generation.

Wb

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

Seems that when I was a kid, 4 kids was about average.

My wife is another story. She has 3 sisters.... But her dad married 4 times and had children with every wife.   I think there are 27, counting halfs and steps.

Sounds like 'Poppa was a rolling stone'. 'Wherever he laid his hat was his home'. That's 25  beyond what I'd call comfortably affordable today. Back 40 or not! 😩

Wb

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, MC39693 said:

Best wishes to all. What music is the baby listening to?

The mom and her sister listened to classical at that age and through their early childhood. Really good for developing your math skills. Victoria plays the violin, Melisssa the flute.

I bought the entire Deutsch Grammophon classical collection but may have to figure some way to jam it onto my daughter's iPhone or purchase vinyl as kids are into USB based turntables now.

When here it will be music by CD though. Wife hates the 1812 Overture though. Something about my making 'the pictures/paintings rattle on the walls when the cannons go off and the bells ring'. 🔔🔔🔔

Wb

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, dtel said:

Congratulations, hope everything goes perfectly. 

Have fun.

I've got all my fingers crossed as things could be going a bit better. Victoria is just home with a NG feeding tube after ten days in Antipartum isolation at the hospital. I've not been this nervous since Victoria was born 29 years ago. She's now trapped at her home but in good hands as her mother is a retired labor & delivery nurse and we have six other family medically trained family members to help out with advice and hands-on care.

Her sister is coming next month from Toronto and will probably stay in Victoria's spare room just in case a significant medical issue comes up in the middle of the night as they tend to do.

Statistically, the baby should have a 50/50 chance of being born.

Wb