Ten Fingers Crossed!

Wolfbane

3 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

@Wolfbane  i'll be praying for Victoria, the baby, and your family.  My daughter will have labor induced tomorrow if she doesn’t have the baby today.

Ditto. Hopefully, all goes well. I hope you're daughter's close to a full term healthy child if she needs induction.

Wb

Definition of Dead Man Walking ... oh hold on dear, I'll just post an update to the Klipsch forum I'll be right back!

When my wife was in midst of 17 hours of labour (28+ years ago) on a cold wintry night, the nurse said "You can lie down on the couch and we'll wake you if anything important happens." My reply "Not a chance.  If she wakes up and I'm asleep, I'm a dead man."  That was a long day.  I have no idea how I got home after my eldest was born.  I think I called family members and passed out in the middle of the living room for a few hours before going back.

Hope all goes well for the families involved, it's a stressful but hopefully happy time in all.

31 minutes ago, MC39693 said:

Definition of Dead Man Walking ... oh hold on dear, I'll just post an update to the Klipsch forum I'll be right back!

When my wife was in midst of 17 hours of labour (28+ years ago) on a cold wintry night, the nurse said "You can lie down on the couch and we'll wake you if anything important happens." My reply "Not a chance.  If she wakes up and I'm asleep, I'm a dead man."  That was a long day.  I have no idea how I got home after my eldest was born.  I think I called family members and passed out in the middle of the living room for a few hours before going back.

Hope all goes well for the families involved, it's a stressful but hopefully happy time in all.

when my wife went into labor early one morning, i asked her if she could make me breakfast before we went to the hospital. she refused -- she wouldn’t even fry me an egg. i reminded her that in the birthing class the instructor said to eat before going to the hospital because it may be a long time before we could eat again.  She still refused; but she didn’t divorce me until 25 years later.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

when my wife went into labor early one morning, i asked her if she could make me breakfast before we went to the hospital. she refused -- she wouldn’t even fry me an egg. i reminded her that in the birthing class the instructor said to eat before going to the hospital because it may be a long time before we could eat again.  She still refused; but she didn’t divorce me until 25 years later.

Women are like elephants and horses. They never, ever, forget. Our indiscretions are filed somewhere in their brains and can be brought up years later. 🐘

40 minutes ago, MC39693 said:

In my father's day. The mother would go to the hospital to have the children, the husband either a waiting room or the bar. :emotion-46:🍺

Wb

• Haha 1

Just now, Bosco-d-gama said:

Sounds like all is going nicely. Birthing children is light years better than in the past.

Much better now - thanks. With less than four more months left to go. NG and bed rest is going to get old pretty soon though.

Got to keep your 'eyes on the prize'. :emotion-51:

Wb

• Like 2

My sister was pregnant with twins and she was having problems, so was put, not only on bed rest; but admitted to the hospital.  She asks me Mom to bring her something to read, so Mom stops at the store and grabs one of those tabloid newspapers.  She gives it to my sister who immediately starts crying. Mom didn’t notice the cover was some wild story about Siamese Twins. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

My sister was pregnant with twins and she was having problems, so was put, not only on bed rest; but admitted to the hospital.  She asks me Mom to bring her something to read, so Mom stops at the store and grabs one of those tabloid newspapers.  She gives it to my sister who immediately starts crying. Mom didn’t notice the cover was some wild story about Siamese Twins. 

My spouse spent the last ten days of her late pregnancy (Victoria's) in the same high-risk Anti-partum Unit here that Victoria was in for ten days a few weeks back. She was working twelve hour shifts just prior to that. Melissa was born via Ceasarian but surprisingly Victoria naturally. Last time I checked; the still born and mother death rate's are lower here in Canada than the USA so we have that statisical advantage. 

I am more worried now than 30 years ago but that might just result from not being as young and naive. :)

Wb

54 minutes ago, Wolfbane said:

My spouse spent the last ten days of her late pregnancy (Victoria's) in the same high-risk Anti-partum Unit here that Victoria was in for ten days a few weeks back. She was working twelxe hour shifts just prior to that. Melissa was born via Ceasarian but surprisingly Victoria naturally. Last time I checked; the still born and mother death rate's are lower here in Canada than the USA so we have that statisical advantage. 

I am more worried now than 30 years ago but that might just result from not being as young and naive. :)

Wb

virtual hand on your shoulder brother ... with four kids and 12 grandkids, i know what it’s like to worry. Keeping your family in my prayers. 

• Thanks 1