Dolby Atmos RP-500SA + RP 140SA

whynot

Hi,

i want to change my speaker setup to a 5.1.4 Setup/ Configuration.

Actually i have 2 Dolby Atmos Enabled Speaker (RP-140SA) in front (upfire mode) with the Denon AVR-X4500.

In future i want to buy the RP-500SA as Dolby Atmos FRONT HEIGHT Speakers (WallMount) and farther use the RP-140SA Speakers as Dolby Atmos Enable Speakers (upfire) behind me.

1. Question:

is it possible to use in front  Dolby Atmos Speakers (Dolby Atmos Mode as well) as Front Height (RP-500SA) (WALLMOUNT) and behind Dolby Atmos Enable Speakers (Dolby Atmos Mode as well)

2. Question:

if yes, which configuration (Switch-Position rear the RP-500SA speaker) is necessary for Dolby Atmos Mode as Front Height Speaker? "ATMOS" or "SURR"

(i read many topics in foren and watched several videos but for me it's still not clear when i have to switch wich position for ATMOS Mode but mounted on WALL)

THX!

W.

yes, RP 140SA i already have and i'm fine. 🙂

question about the RP-500SA..... you say you've mounted on wall as well. which Switch Position do you use? (ATMOS or SURR)?

and another question ist, whether it's DOLBY ATMOS certified if the ATMOS Speakers behind are upfireing and inf front the Atmos sound comes from height?

or ist it irrelevant?

Edited by whynot

• 1 month later...

Hello W.  Did you ever get a clear answer to your question?  I have not been able to get clarity on this. I am also interested in getting the 500sa’s but may have to hang them as front height speakers.  Do you put switch in “atmos” position or “surround”?  I only want them to experience atmos effects.   If hanging them as opposed to up-firing on top of my tower klipsch speakers loses ability for atmos then im not as interested.  Thank you.  
S.  

Hello S. :-)

Yes, i got the information from Klipsch support that Klipsch Atmos speakers just in case Upfireing switch to „ATMOS“-Mode.

If the speakers are mounted on wall/ height they have to switch in „SURR“ Mode. (in case of ATMOS configuration of your receiver as well)

Actually i use 5.4.1 configuration

After a couple of weeks using this configuration wall mounted (with an AVR Denon X-4500) Atmos sound is really great![emoji4]

Br
Wolfi

use surround (this will enable them to go further down frequency). Atmos mode limits it to upfiring atmos range.

I had mine mounted as heights previously. i'm selling 4 if you're interested in any used since i'm moving to in-ceiling.

i use a marantz, but denon should be the same, you'd have the option to set the front to heights or ceiling and the rears as upfiring atmos.

when mounting the fronts try using both options to see if you like one better than the other after calibration. even though they're "heights" if you set them to in ceiling you may get better results.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2019 at 3:14 PM, schwock5 said:

use surround (this will enable them to go further down frequency). Atmos mode limits it to upfiring atmos range.

I had mine mounted as heights previously. i'm selling 4 if you're interested in any used since i'm moving to in-ceiling.

i use a marantz, but denon should be the same, you'd have the option to set the front to heights or ceiling and the rears as upfiring atmos.

when mounting the fronts try using both options to see if you like one better than the other after calibration. even though they're "heights" if you set them to in ceiling you may get better results.

How much for the speakers? 

• 1 year later...
On 10/14/2019 at 9:37 AM, whynot said:

Front Height

Hi,

I purchase Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-500SA 2 and kept them on top of floor standing Speaker as Dolby Atmos Speaker. I like to know what is best cross over frequency for right response. 

• 1 year later...
On 1/24/2021 at 9:09 PM, manoj said:

Hi,

I purchase Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-500SA 2 and kept them on top of floor standing Speaker as Dolby Atmos Speaker. I like to know what is best cross over frequency for right response. 

Hello Manoj,

I have the same atmos speakers, do you know the best crossover?