1982 Heresy 1 redone in Quartered Figured Etimoe veneer with new Crites 1228 woofers.

longdrive03

On 10/29/2019 at 8:53 AM, BamaMike said:

Gorgeous!

I'm in the market for a graduation gift for my son but I'm 700 miles away. I used to run to run to Fort Smith once or twice a year but no more.

So, meet in the middle maybe?  The road trip would be a great story to be forever associated with the graduation gift.

Michael Colter @colterphoto1 and I once met at a truck stop in Fort Wayne to do a speaker deal.

Neil's Tower of Power (Medium).JPG

The Advent of Michael.JPG

23 minutes ago, longdrive03 said:

Here are pics of back of grill frame showing magnets without and with thin black felt applied to protect finish on front board.

IMG_9110.JPG

IMG_9113.JPG

Doing those exact grills in the next week or so. Did you get the cane from Mojotone?

How is the fabric attached? it gets blurry when i zoom in, but looks like staples. I know others who have used spray adhesive and one member who would use hot glue, but he would burn the heck out of his hands more often than not.

Sorry for the thread crap.

15 hours ago, longdrive03 said:

Yes fabric is from mojotone. I sprayed 3M 77 adhesive on frame back and edges and edges of cane and stretched by hand and then used 1/4” staples ad nauseum. Hot glue doesn’t work well on the cane. 

Thanks, My fabric came in yesterday. Doubt mine turn out as nice as yours, but I am an easy customer.

Good luck with your sale, those are beautiful.

IMG_4270.thumb.JPG.6bc243e1a41e72d046c5a0a38de1ccc6.JPG

On 10/31/2019 at 11:44 AM, longdrive03 said:

Here are pics of back of grill frame showing magnets without and with thin black felt applied to protect finish on front board.

IMG_9110.JPG

Hi @longdrive03 ... what material did you use for the grills?  Made grilles for my KPT-904's from 1/4 inch plywood ... one stayed "flat," but the other one is badly warped :(  Thanks in advance :D 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice build!  I'm wondering if the magnets on the grill are necessary of if you could of use slugs or ferris washers.  I've considered adding magnetic grills in the past and worried that magnets on on both pieces would be overkill.  Plus knowing my luck I'd invert the polarity on one side or the other and the grills would repel, lol.

• Like 1