SOLD Gorgeous Marantz 1060 with walnut case SOLD

jimjimbo

SOLD pending funds

A beautiful Marantz 1060 integrated amp with NEW custom walnut case.  The amp has been fully restored by Stereo Rehab in Chicago, and has a 1 year full warranty.

(I forgot to mention earlier that I will provide the full receipt and description of all work done during the restoration for those seriously interested)

These are very highly sought after, it sounds great and performs flawlessly.     Located in NW Indiana.  $600 plus shipping.  Please PM me with interest.  Thanks.

Specs from Hi Fi Engine:

The Marantz 1060 is a stereo console amplifier featuring three line inputs, one phono input and a tape loop.

The amplifier section is split into pre and power sections which can split for use with an external processor.

The unit has two sets of switchable sockets for main/remote speakers.

Specifications

Power output: 30 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo)

Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz

Total harmonic distortion: 0.5%

Damping factor: 45

Input sensitivity: 1.8mV (MM)

Dimensions: 14-11/64 x 4-23/32 x 11-1/32 inches

Weight: 18lbs

IMG_6272 (Large).JPEG

IMG_6273 (Large).JPEG

IMG_6274 (Large).JPEG

IMG_6276 (Large).JPEG

IMG_6280 (Large).JPEG

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

A beautiful Marantz 1060 integrated amp with NEW custom walnut case

Awesome! Have one identical to it :)  

And, the sound from these is excellent. Got a VTA ST-60 tube amp a year ago to replace it ... haha; sold the tube amp and kept the Marantz 1060 :D 

• Like 2

too pretty for my house....  jk jk  Wife's aunt call this place a cabin.

nice piece, Jim

Hmmmm. Wife is going to be in Springfield IL this weekend.   

she is flying. That might present some problems beyond the obvious WAF...

better not push my luck

glws

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, absolve2525 said:

Where did you get the case? Nice!!

Only guessing ... but got my case from Germany ... $200 plus $50 shipping ... really nice quality ... see FleaBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marantz-Wood-case-Cabinet-Case-WC-10-104-105-110-112-1030-1040-1060-1070-4060/253673491440?hash=item3b101e4bf0:g:kk8AAOSwNA1bGDHz 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Emile said:

Only guessing ... but got my case from Germany ... $200 plus $50 shipping ... really nice quality ... see FleaBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marantz-Wood-case-Cabinet-Case-WC-10-104-105-110-112-1030-1040-1060-1070-4060/253673491440?hash=item3b101e4bf0:g:kk8AAOSwNA1bGDHz 

No, not Germany.  A very fine gentleman here in the States.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pete H said:

Nice Piece Jim.  I'm sure you won't have it long.  Off topic, but have you used the restoration company a lot and would you recommend them to go through and freshen up my Sansui 8080?

Yes Pete, I have used them quite a bit in the last year.  The owner is a perfectionist and highly skilled. He's got a great shop.  You are welcome to call him and talk, and be sure to tell him I referred you.  They are only open on Friday and Saturday from noon to 8PM, the rest of the week he is working on units in the queue.  He is a vintage JBL aficionado, and is also particularly fond of vintage Fisher and HH Scott units, but I'm sure he would work on your Sansui.  Prices are very reasonable.

https://stereorehab.wordpress.com/

• Like 3

5 hours ago, absolve2525 said:

Where did you get the case? Nice!! 

I have a old buddy from High School days who used to custom make hardwood cases, in the wood of your choice, very reasonably & quickly for the older Marantz, Scott and Fisher Amps. All I had to do was provide him with the case measurements or model number after the first few. I feel really lucky to own several of his cases on my Scott, Fisher and Marantz amps/receivers. He is an electrical engineer by training and wood working was his hobby.

He is about to retire back to an acreage in Alberta from Washington via Montana, but not to Calgary. He sold all of his wood shop equipment off before moving from western Washington to western Montana. As he is a instrumentation wizard he can fix anything I've ever owned in Audio Equipment tube or solid state and like most good engineers meticulously. He just does not feel the need to do this kind of work. I plan to help him build a new shop at his acreage here probably in the spring.

I'm hoping he decides to work on audio equipment in it but I have not asked him what he is planning. Most shoemakers don't like to work with leather as a hobby and I guess most instrumentation engineers avoid work too similar to their day job.

Wb

Congrats!  Seriously considering selling "my" Marantz 1060 ... very nice unit, even have the plastic face protector plate ... but, not using it anymore ... just checking to see if there is any interest.  If so, will of course start a separate posting :D Trying to post a pic ... but now it says "only allowed to upload 870kB" :(  OK; crunched it more ...

IMG_2266.JPG