JRiver Media Center?

Wolfbane

I keep going back to JRiver, and purchasing the newer versions, and then in a month or two I stop using it because of crashes. I think my last version was a year or two ago. I really wanted it to work for me, but it doesn't on Windows 7.
I am assuming yours works fine...what OS are you using?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, Ron E said:

I keep going back to JRiver, and purchasing the newer versions, and then in a month or two I stop using it because of crashes. I think my last version was a year or two ago. I really wanted it to work for me, but it doesn't on Windows 7.

My main PC is a monster Dell Precision Desktop T7400 running Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit. It's a workstation hooked into my Audio System with a USB 3 Dac. I've upgraded the hardware on constantly over 10 years. Loaded with 64 GB of RAM and runs like a Swiss Watch.

I also have Windows 8.1 on a MS Surface Pro 3. Also a workhouse.

Version 21 is extremely stable here, hence the upgrade question.

Wb

I've been using JRiver 23 for however long that's been and started with Version 20.  I doubt I do any more upgrades unless I'm forced to do them and it would have to be cheap.  It does what I need for it to do and I can use the Gizmo app on my phone or tablet to control it which I like a lot.  I have that on a SFF Dell 890 PC with Windows 10 x64 with a 120gb SSD and 8gb RAM and it does all I need it to do.  I need to add something to my main rig to be able to access JRiver at some point but have mainly been streaming Amazon Music HD from my phone to a ChromeCast audio fed to my Onkyo P-3000R preamp and that sounds great.  

I played with a JRiver trial some years ago and didn't find any increased functionality or performance better than free Foobar 2000.   It's be quite a while. Foobar also offers a downloadable remote control app from the phone, also free. Out of curiosity, is there anything else to note about jriver that makes it a superior platform? I am genuinely curious as I haven't looked at it in many years.

On 10/16/2019 at 7:06 AM, Ron E said:

Stable as a rock on my Windows 7 professional 64 bit PC using Version 21 of JRiver. Also works just fine on Windows 8.1 on my MS Surface Pro 3.

Wb

Just now, oldred said:

Been running JRiver for a while.....both music and movies.....I am running version 25....once you figure everything out....it's nice

George 

On what platform George? Does it work on your cellphone too, assuming you use a phone for music?

Wb