RF7 replacement drivers/woofers

rivercat

I’ve been searching around online quite a bit and haven’t been able to track down any replacement drivers since these are in the range of 15 years old at this point.

Ive posted in the garage sale as well to see if I get any hits that way.

What I have now does work and actually still sounds great, but the looks really bother me.

Whoever had them before me did not take care of them, so each woofer has the dust caps pushed in and are a little warped as well.

I’m in the process of sanding and staining the cabinets and everything is turning out really well, so if I could replace the drivers, or at least a couple of the worst ones, they’ll be near mint condition.

I got a great deal on them to begin with, so if I could replace some drivers, I’m considering the DeanG crossovers and then they’d be a set of speakers I’d keep around for a long time.

Anyone have any leads or advice on the search for some RF7 drivers?

9 hours ago, Deang said:

Interesting that Simply Speakers lists the woofer from the II and III as an acceptable replacement for the K-1089-AV.

https://www.simplyspeakers.com/klipsch-replacement-speaker-woofer-1064791.html

or ... wait forever for some to show up on eBay.

I actually did notice that when I was looking around. 
It’s odd because they list the part number as being compatible, but on the list of speakers they fit, they don’t list the RF7 1.

I don’t see how they could work, the drivers on the 2 and 3 are perfectly round. On the 1st RF7 the driver’s housing is a little more squared off.

Here is a picture of one of mine, the other is taped up as I sand it, but they’re in similar condition. You can see the creases in the actual metallic part of the driver right around the dust caps.

00BBB7DD-CDA3-4C1B-9ACB-AE162F3100F7.jpeg

Thanks for pointing that out Dean, didn’t see that at first.

Im curious to see if anyone has done this. 

If it’s as simple as drilling a couple holes, that’s not a big deal, but I’d like to see one that has done this to see if there are any gaps from going from the squared off shape to the perfectly round shape of the new style driver.

If anyone has done this, they haven't posted about it here. 

Internal volume between the cabinets is very close. Of course, there is a bit more to it than that.

RF-7

Height, 45.8
Width, 11.6
Depth, 17.9
Weight, 94

RF-7 ii

Height, 48.5 (with feet)
Width, 11.6
Depth, 16.3
Weight, 87.1