Need Tires - are there black friday sales

tigerwoodKhorns

1 minute ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

285-60-18

I just went from offroad Toyo tires to Hankook Dynapro RH12 in 265-60-18 and the difference in ride quality and noise was night and day.

Are you looking for more of a quieter highway tire?

These would be a good one to consider:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Yokohama-Geolandar-H-T-G056-285-60R18-116-H-Tire/55180134

I'm showing a price of $136/tire with free shipping.

These are very highly rated truck/SUV tires:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pirelli-Scorpion-Verde-All-Season-285-60R18-120V-XL/659351080

I'm showing a price of $174.97/tire with free shipping.

If you want high milage, and a great ride check these out. Very vary quiet. Best tires ive ever had on a truck. Handle great! Not great in mud but good and thats not what they are made for. I have 35000 miles on mine and they look brand new. They have 8 or 10 ply.I have 10. They look great also. If you get a pair of these you will thank me if wanting a great ride.

https://www.nittotire.com/light-truck-tires/dura-grappler-highway-terrain-light-truck-tire/ 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nitto-Dura-Grappler-265-70R17-113-S-Tire/44861233?sourceid=csebr03276a063e8fa940e8aaa6aa3dc096e73f&wmlspartner=bizratecom&affcmpid=822476824&tmode=0000&veh=cse&szredirectid=15712786736946758461510070301008005

36 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

These would be a good one to consider:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Yokohama-Geolandar-H-T-G056-285-60R18-116-H-Tire/55180134

I'm showing a price of $136/tire with free shipping.

I used Pirellis and then continentals on my car.  I recently went to Yokomas on a friends recommendation and really like them. 

How does the Wal Mart thing work?  Do I order them and then they install and balance at Wal Mart?

11 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

I just bought my Hankook tires at Wal-Mart for around $82/tire with free shipping, normally around $135/tire.

I bought Hankook street tires for my SUV from Walmart two years ago.  Fantastic tire, good wear, good traction, fair price.  There was a good rebate promotion when I bought mine which was in the summer, not black Friday.

11 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

How does the Wal Mart thing work?  Do I order them and then they install and balance at Wal Mart?

Yes, exactly.  Install and balance are two additional charges.

That's what I did what the Hankook tires I ordered from Walmart, Hankook is not a stock item.  I like using Walmart for tires because if you have a problem anywhere in the country there is a Walmart on every corner.

My only complaint is Walmart does not do alignments.  That is a separate appointment for someplace else.

22 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Yes, exactly.  Install and balance are two additional charges.

That's what I did what the Hankook tires I ordered from Walmart, Hankook is not a stock item.  I like using Walmart for tires because if you have a problem anywhere in the country there is a Walmart on every corner.

My only complaint is Walmart does not do alignments.  That is a separate appointment for someplace else.

Ive used walmart a few times, but some of the guys working there are sub par. Replaced a battery for me and the mount needed replaced. They just set the battery in there and called it done. Never again! I would not use them for something as important as tires but thats just me.   

I had a problem with Costco tires.  I've been a happy customer in the past, maybe 4 sets of tires on 3 different vehicles.  I bought a set of Michelin Defenders and there seemed to be a wobble from about 60 mph to 65 mph.  I drover on them for a week to be sure, and all family members said there was something wrong.  Happened to take our truck into the original dealer and asked them to have a look.  They put the tires on some kind of high speed test machine (they sell Nissan GTR sports cars so have this machine) and showed me that all of the tires were out of spec.  I took that info and my original purchase documentation to Costco and they got right snippy with me.  I thought we were headed to small claims court, but they finally relented and replaced the tires with another set of the same.  They told me they were provided without warranty.  Really, Costco can cancel an OEM's warranty?  These too have a high speed wobble but no where near as bad.  I'm keeping them, but I bet they don't last the full life span.  If Costco was smart they would have thanked me, got in touch with Michelin in case there was a bad production run, and been a lot more customer friendly.  I won't be buying tires at Costco again.

18 minutes ago, mr clean said:

Replaced a battery for me and the mount needed replaced. They just set the battery in there and called it done.

Never again!

That's a pretty small sample size!  😄  I've been to mechanics not-Walmart and they make mistakes too. 

Case in point, I lost a plastic beauty ring when I had my tires changed just after I left Walmart and drove home.  I called them, told them my problem and they told me to get a new set of four hub cap rings and they would pay for it.  They didn't tell me to get just one (since you can't match just one unless the car is brand new) and they gave me full control over what to get.  I got four brand new factory hub cap rings and the Walmart manager didn't bat an eye.

I judge a business NOT on whether they have problems, but on how they treat me as a customer AFTER the problem, and what they do about it.  At least in my little home town, Walmart car care is good as gold.

6 minutes ago, MC39693 said:

I had a problem with Costco tires.  I've been a happy customer in the past, maybe 4 sets of tires on 3 different vehicles.  I bought a set of Michelin Defenders and there seemed to be a wobble from about 60 mph to 65 mph.  I drover on them for a week to be sure, and all family members said there was something wrong.  Happened to take our truck into the original dealer and asked them to have a look.  They put the tires on some kind of high speed test machine (they sell Nissan GTR sports cars so have this machine) and showed me that all of the tires were out of spec.  I took that info and my original purchase documentation to Costco and they got right snippy with me.  I thought we were headed to small claims court, but they finally relented and replaced the tires with another set of the same.  They told me they were provided without warranty.  Really, Costco can cancel an OEM's warranty?  These too have a high speed wobble but no where near as bad.  I'm keeping them, but I bet they don't last the full life span.  If Costco was smart they would have thanked me, got in touch with Michelin in case there was a bad production run, and been a lot more customer friendly.  I won't be buying tires at Costco again.

I don't mind paying for good tires. Yes there are good deals to be had but dealers are to be watched. I took my RV over to get tires a town over. I told them what I wanted, and they said ok. Took it in a few days later, and they tried to stick some very cheap tires on it. Something like this has happened to me twice! Make sure to check when they were made also. I think some of the big chains try and sell tires not that are not as good like as in small defects. Seconds if you will. I don't mind spending good money on shoes and good tires.  And I can be tight on some things!

https://itstillruns.com/check-year-tires-were-made-6129841.html

6 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

That's a pretty small sample size!  😄  I've been to mechanics not-Walmart and they make mistakes too. 

Case in point, I lost a plastic beauty ring when I had my tires changed just after I left Walmart and drove home.  I called them, told them my problem and they told me to get a new set of four hub cap rings and they would pay for it.  They didn't tell me to get just one (since you can't match just one unless the car is brand new) and they gave me full control over what to get.  I got four brand new factory hub cap rings and the Walmart manager didn't bat an eye.

I judge a business NOT on whether they have problems, but on how they treat me as a customer AFTER the problem, and what they do about it.  At least in my little home town, Walmart car care is good as gold.

Any of them can give bad service and taking care of problems after the fact is important I agree! Ive had some places that I thought were top notch try to bury one in me also. I have a small shop that has always treated me fair do all my work on my cars and trucks. I know the guys and it makes me feel better. But im little old school. Peace!

• Like 1