MEH Synergy

3 minutes ago, Khornukopia said:

Okay, but between you and me, data-bass.com is a very interesting website.

Interesting may not be the right word.... Amazing or exceptional fit the bill a touch better.  Likely most of this forum love the site I woild guess.... If you don't, shhhh 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

You know me so well.  The weather is changing, maybe its time to switch it all out?   Good point. 

It's not unique behavior, which is why I'm poking at you. @A1UC is even more flight than you. My budget dictates that I be a bit more cautious, but I certainly filtered through my share of gear from 2008 till sometime earlier this year. I think I've finally found the combination of gear which suits me for the foreseeable future.

Of course, that can change at a moment's notice, but I'm at least no longer actively searching for new gear - I can't speak about things which may fall into my lap. ;)

• Like 1

Just now, Thaddeus Smith said:

It's not unique behavior, which is why I'm poking at you. @A1UC is even more flight than you. My budget dictates that I be a bit more cautious, but I certainly filtered through my share of gear from 2008 till sometime earlier this year. I think I've finally found the combination of gear which suits me for the foreseeable future.

Of course, that can change at a moment's notice, but I'm at least no longer actively searching for new gear - I can't speak about things which may fall into my lap. ;)

I took advice of members here that larger horn is better in a smaller space. This has NOT been my experience.  The largest speaker that sounds great in my room was the Cornwall. La scalas and khorns sounded awful in my room.  Doesn't cost me any money to try anything, so I did so. I was happy with 396s, very happy actually, just not as lower volumes. I find with these 362 IIs that I am listening at A LOT lower volumes and very content.  Audio is going to take a backseat for awhile VERY soon so I'm glad I had it all dialed in first. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I took advice of members here that larger horn is better in a smaller space. This has NOT been my experience.  The largest speaker that sounds great in my room was the Cornwall. La scalas and khorns sounded awful in my room.  Doesn't cost me any money to try anything, so I did so. I was happy with 396s, very happy actually, just not as lower volumes. I find with these 362 IIs that I am listening at A LOT lower volumes and very content.  Audio is going to take a backseat for awhile VERY soon so I'm glad I had it all dialed in first. 

Ironically, I made more gear swaps after I had kids and less disposable income for audio. It made me be a bit more choosey, seek out better deals, etc.

The first few months involved "don't wake the baby" mode, but after that it was business as usual and my kids have simply adapted to sleep through just about anything. It always makes me sad when dudes offload a bunch of nice gear just because a kid comes along, so I'm glad to see you're maintaining some semblance of proper audio in the home.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

It always makes me sad when dudes offload a bunch of nice gear just because a kid comes along, so I'm glad to see you're maintaining some semblance of proper audio in the home.

What I sold just now (the giant lot) was purchased strictly to sell at great prices on the forum and make a little bit of cash (couldn't resist and let all of this gear to waste!). I also have headphones I'll be using when my daughter is born in two weeks.   In keeping this setup 

• Like 1