Sister will interpret for candidate tomorrow, pretty cool

jimjimbo

My sister is a nationally certified interpreter for the deaf (which ain't easy...), and she'll be interpreting for candidate Pete Buttugieg tomorrow at a fundraiser.  She has worked with Maya Angelou, Jimmy Carter and others in the past, so this is another really cool gig for her.  

• Like 6

Sadly common sense has died. It was sometime after, IKE, Lyndon Johnson and Ronald Reagan all died. It's been replaced by misplaced alarmism and one-agenda politicians who no longer wish to run their countries well or kow-tow for votes with unworkable, unaffordable policies. The world today is in a bigger mess and a larger powder keg than it was in the late 1930's and all the world's big powers armed to the teeth. 

Those persons capable of actually being statesmen  (ala Canada's Lester Pearson) prefer to avoid all the hassle of dealing with the above.

Wb

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Arms to Iran for hostages then money to the Contras, and then drugs to North America for guns for the Contras, common sense died with one of the aforementioned dead guys.

Common sense will die with senile dementia, admittedly.  Saw it then and saw it with my mother in law.  It takes a large toll on the family.

https://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h1889.html

7 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Had a local candidate for city council show up at my door last night. I admire his desire to be part of civic leadership but he was woefully under qualified for the task. I did not allow him to place a placard in my yard. 

Whatever happened to common sense?

Thank you for your completely nonsensical and off-topic Post, really appreciate it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jim do you know any sign language?  i wonder how the signer conveys emotion that is communicated through voice inflection or such. I mean even facial expressions can be missed since the listener has to watch the interpreter.  how do they convert things like sarcasm?  probably a challenge like reading an email and you can only go on the words used (if you don’t know the sender’s personality).